Help with subject allocations (1 Viewer)

Makro

Porcupine
HSC
Multiple lectures + tutes on the same line. So there are two 9am lectures and an 11am lecture. You'd only go to one of them. Then there are 3 tutes on the same time and that's just to deal with numbers I guess.

Or am I not understanding your question?

witide

HSC
I have the same problem with one of my civil subjects. It's pretty much forcing me to take three classes at the same time :/

edit: if I select 1 of each, I get an error: FAILED: Not all activity groups have an activity selection

Last edited:

tehpyro

Lord of Bored
HSC
The problem with My Subject Activities is that it doesn't show dates when choosing subjects, only once your final timetable is built. You have to attend all of those classes that you chose, but once your final timetable is built (click on My Allocations at the top right of the My Subject Activities page) it'll show that each of these lectures falls on a different date period. In my experience, the extra lectures (as in lecture 2 and lecture 3) tend to only go for 1 or 2 days, and lecture 1 fills up most of your semester. The tutorials likely do the same thing. Maybe there's a different lecture for media then there is for mediation and power. :D

Last edited:

witide

HSC
Doesn't that happen when you try to select from different rows?
Nope. For me it happens if I don't select everything from one row.

The problem with My Subject Activities is that it doesn't show dates when choosing subjects, only once your final timetable is built. You have to attend all of those classes that you chose, but once your final timetable is built (click on My Allocations at the top right of the My Subject Activities page) it'll show that each of these lectures falls on a different date period. In my experience, the extra lectures (as in lecture 2 and lecture 3) tend to only go for 1 or 2 days, and lecture 1 fills up most of your semester. The tutorials likely do the same thing. Maybe there's a different lecture for media then there is for mediation and power. :D
I think that might be the reason.

SFinspired

HSC
tehpyro,

so liek Marko said, all is good? I need to only just atetnd one of each? Cheers

tehpyro

Lord of Bored
HSC
tehpyro,

so liek Marko said, all is good? I need to only just atetnd one of each? Cheers
Yes, it is all good (what the system shows is correct), but no, you don't just attend one of each.
tehpyro said:
You have to attend all of those classes that you chose, but once your final timetable is built it'll show that each of these lectures falls on a different date period.
As I said, you'll have to attend each of the lectures and each of the tutorials, but classes scheduled for the same day/time (as in, Friday at 9am) will not run in the same week. Lecture 1 may, for example, run in the 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th weeks, and Lecture 2 may run in the 5th and 6th weeks, with Lecture 1 again running weeks 7, 8, 9, 10 etc.

jess39

HSC
I'm a bit confused as well. I think I've done it right, but my timetable seems very empty. Is it right that I'm at uni three days a week? I have no idea.

tehpyro

Lord of Bored
HSC
I'm a bit confused as well. I think I've done it right, but my timetable seems very empty. Is it right that I'm at uni three days a week? I have no idea.
3-4 days/week is common (depending on course). A good few science students will have 5 days/week, but if your schedule is only showing 3 and you've selected all the classes for each of the subjects you need, it should be right.

SFinspired

HSC
Hey tehpyro, first of all, thanks for clarifying - much appreciated. I think now I more or less understand what you are explaining regarding lectures falling on different weeks,

Secondly, I would like you to check over my final timetable after clicking 'My Allocations'. Is everything looking fine here?

tehpyro

Lord of Bored
HSC
Hey tehpyro, first of all, thanks for clarifying - much appreciated. I think now I more or less understand what you are explaining regarding lectures falling on different weeks,

Secondly, I would like you to check over my final timetable after clicking 'My Allocations'. Is everything looking fine here?
From what I can see, everything looks good to go. Now you're able to see the dates that I was talking about =D Just remember to check each week to make sure you're going to the right lecture (if they're not in the same room, which TBA will show later), haha.

Loneliness is

aint nothing glamorous in what you conceal, even w
HSC
N/A

haha worst timetable ever

jess39

HSC
3-4 days/week is common (depending on course). A good few science students will have 5 days/week, but if your schedule is only showing 3 and you've selected all the classes for each of the subjects you need, it should be right.
I'm also only there for three hours each of those days. It really doesn't seem like enough, but I can't seem to enroll in any other classes...

0hNivlek

HSC
I have uni for 3 days in Autumn Semester. Two with 4.5 hours and one with 3 hours.

In spring i have uni on two days with a 6.5 hour day and a 3.5 hour day.

Cloesd

HSC
I got Uni 5 days a week:(. With a minimum of 1 hour on, and a maximum of 8.5 hours.

Mechatronic and mechanical engineering.. does this.. sound right?

donnytuco

tuco
HSC
I got Uni 5 days a week:(. With a minimum of 1 hour on, and a maximum of 8.5 hours.

Mechatronic and mechanical engineering.. does this.. sound right?

lol sounds about right, get used to 25 hour weeks for the next 5 years :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)