HELP: Would it be possible to move from Music 1 to Music 2? (1 Viewer)

Chrasity

HSC
I've been wondering for some time now whether to do Music 2, however I went and chose Music 1 instead as I thought it would be an easier subject, but after a lot of thought and deciding to do music extension for year 12 I think I'd like to move to Music 2. My half yearly exams have already started and will be over in one week, after my exams would it be possible to move? :confused2:

ochaguy

HSC
Depends on a few things:
I'm assuming that you're still in year 11

1. The biggest difference between Mus2 and Mus1 is that Mus2 requires score reading, melody dictations and a much higher emphasis on technical terms and concepts.

It also requires a major composition work as well as further research into a particular music period (elective components)

Unless you are at the top of your game in Mus1 and that you're confident that you can do the above requirements for Mus2, I'd suggest you stick with Mus1.

As well, taking on ext mus would take you to 14 Units, which is excessive. Keep in mind that if you plan to major in performance for Mus2 and Ext, you'd be required to play 6 pieces altogether.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)