• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

help writing letter to quit? (1 Viewer)

Lexie1001

HSC
hey everyone,
im in yr 12 and hav a 5 hour shift in a supermarket on sundays, im finding it really hard to get all my work done cos weekends are when i do most of my work and the other shifts go to about 8/9 after school. the manager is never in on a sunday so i thought id write a letter and leave it in the office. ive never done this before so do any of u have suggestions about how to start/what to write and how formal i should be etc?
any help would be great! :)

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Argonaut said:
You'd be better off going in sometime through the week when you know the manager is there and hand in your badge/card/other in person.
well if ur casual, u only need to give a few hours notice, but it's nice to give 2 weeks notice, it doesnt have to be full formal, just along the lines of

Dear Manager,

I am officially handing in my two weeks notice to leave my position of XYZ the last date i will be available for work is XX/XX/06. I will make any nesescary arrangements to finalise my employment on this date (i.e. hand in staff discount card etc.)

Regards
Your Name

it doesnt really need to be more than that

steelite

HSC
Why dont you just go in during the week when you know when the manager is on and ask them to cut down the shifts your receiving or for just Sunday or whenever suits you. I'm quite sure they should be prettyl lenient about it as long as you say your studies are your first priority but your still looking for some work on the weekends

kaylz

HSC
dear blah blah. this is to tender my resignation, effective as of xx/xx/xx
regards, blahblah.
and hand in badges and shit on the spot
i left an envelope full of the stuff for my boss

Lexie1001

HSC
ok thanks guys, i think i might just drop in during the week or something, hopefully she'll be there! i dont have to hand anything in cos we dont get badges or nametags which makes it easier.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)