help (1 Viewer)

dan dan

HSC
hey ppl for ths year im doin a textile art, its a dress with a scenery on the bak. the front of the dress is short and as it gets to the bak its long n has a tail so the sceery can fit. the scenery is under the sea like the fish etc startin frmt he top of the waters surface goin down n reachin the bottom of the ocean floor. my teacher suggestd to use silk as it emphasis' the water even the colour ive choosen is like the ocean colour, but my problem is the design like how should the fish and all that be shown?? ive thort about using beads and sequins, paintin either fabric paintin or screen printin, and applique but im not sure if applique would work on silk. does any one have any idea wat i should do?? thankz

niteshade1312

HSC
Why don't you try by experimenting with different silks and different ways of painting/ sewing/ drawing onto the fabric. Experimentation is a large part of the portfolio and even though we can give you some advise, the design concept comes down to what you do because you are the one getting marked not us,

Sorry to sound so negative, but its true.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)