help!.. (1 Viewer)

Usa Nivea

HSC
N/A
can somebody help me to answer these two questions?

1.describe two criticisms of the behavioural approach towards management. use examples to justify your response.

2.explain what a political approach towards management means. in your answer explain the difference between adversarial and cooperative bargaining.

thx..

williamc

HSC
Usa Nivea said:

1.describe two criticisms of the behavioural approach towards management. use examples to justify your response.

2.explain what a political approach towards management means. in your answer explain the difference between adversarial and cooperative bargaining.

thx..
1) no unfying framework. and it only looks at one aspect of management and not the entire thing.

2) from memory, the poltical approach has got to do with the dot point of structure as coalitions in which teams from within a business work seperately but towards a similar goal. the second part of that question isnt from the syallbus thus you couldnt get a question liek that though...

ibewatto

HSC
Usa Nivea said:

thx..
1)[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]Complex theoretical concepts[FONT=&quot], [/FONT]Results not always immediate[FONT=&quot], [/FONT]No simple formulas to explain behaviour

2) using unstated or sometime unethical methods to obtain power, in refference to the bargaining i am assuming it wants you to say adversarial bargaining is that in which two opposing parties agree to somethin (because forced to due to higher power or friends etc) and cooperative bargaining is due to a mutual gain

i have alot of notes on this so if you need extra (or better worded) info pm me :)

williamc

HSC
lol you got heaps of notes on this yet you wont be tested on this. the dot point strengths and weakenesses was tested last year.

id say they will test you on managing change for topic 1 this year....

ibewatto

HSC
williamc said:
lol you got heaps of notes on this yet you wont be tested on this. the dot point strengths and weakenesses was tested last year.

id say they will test you on managing change for topic 1 this year....
thats wat our teacher reckons too, but it doesnt help having notes and knowing shit ay?

Usa Nivea

HSC
N/A
thx.. guys..

i think.. im going to ask alot of questions in the future..

williamc

HSC
Without Wings said:
Just because something was tested last year doesn't mean you don't have to know it/won't need to use/integrate your knowledge of it with/into a response.
lol yer true. i didnt really look at past papers anyway so i had no idea, i tried to learn every dot point. i only looked at the past extendo's and was able to pick the essays and report, and i perfectly picked the eco ones aswell to my mates.

i would recommend as without wings said, learn everything.

williamc

HSC
Exphate said:
1. Giving workers too much power
Not enough control on workers.
solid change to wrong. its behavioural management theory, not political management theory.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)