Help...? (1 Viewer)

nhoustonrocks

HSC
Uni Grad
Hi peoples,

I have an issue - today I went to Michel's Patisserie and handed my resume in, with days that i'm available...BUT i got another job offer at another little patisserie shop basically right next door.
Should I..
1. Go for Michels.
2. Go for the other patisserie.
3. Try and juggle both? (may be quite hard due to the fact that i'm trying to juggle school, weekend and weekday sport and two jobs at once)

Please help!

milocole

Plane Nut
HSC
Now thats a tough one, Which one ever pays better offers you better conditions and is not to hard for working at.

nhoustonrocks

HSC
Uni Grad
Hey, thanks for that.
But I can't exactly stroll up to the managers and ask how much they pay..
that's probably something they'd tell after i get the job.
I think the lesson here is to apply for one job at a time. Trust me, its so much less stressful.

MaNiElla

HSC
N/A
Option 2, because the people at Michels still didnt get back to you... and you never know, they may not hire you, in which case you'd loose the other job if you keep waiting for them to reply back to you.

L

lsam

Option 2 seems like a superior alternative. It would be stupid not to accept the job (as long as the conditions & pay are decent).

U

Ubik

nhoustonrocks said:
But I can't exactly stroll up to the managers and ask how much they pay...
Yes you can. Normally you'd ask it at an interview, but it's perfectly appropriate to ask after you've received an offer and are considering the job. It's a pretty normal thing to do.

It's also reasonable when you receive an offer to tell the employer that you're waiting to hear back about other applications, and they may give you a timeframe in which you must accept or decline the offer.

You can also follow up your application and go ask the manager at michel's when you are likely to hear back about your application.

You can't do both.

nhoustonrocks

HSC
Uni Grad
Thanks everyone for your suggestions.

And also, the Michels employer told me that she would contact me early next week.

I was sure that I would never be able to manage two jobs at one time. Ah well, I'll just see how the Michel's application goes.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)