Help! (1 Viewer)

seanhost1234

HSC
Hi me and my friends have been debating on this question for hours now and cant find the solution.. so i was wondering if anyone knew the answer.

which of the following measures of epidemiology is considered the most important indicator of a society health status?

A) Mortality rates
B) Morbidty rates
C) Infant Mortality rates
D) Life expectancy

thank you.

seanhost1234

HSC
at first i thought it was (D).. but then i thought "life expctancy" is just a prediction.. so it cant be that accurate and reliable.. then i thought it was (A) because, if people are dying, then it pretty much indicates that the health status of the society is poor.. but then my friend said.. well people have diabetes and cancer and still some people dont die till after awhile and old people just die because of old age and not 'health problems'.. so then it came to (B).. but then apprently my friend said he did that question before and it was C... but i cant trust him...... haha... coz i would of never thought it would be (C)...

kinka11

HSC
its c, infant mortality rate as this indicates the health status of a nation and can also predict adult life expectancy as it shows how technology and medicine are improving. there are more reasons behind it but its this one i know for sure

friction

HSC
Im pretty sure i did this multiple choice question wasnt the answer D ??

savio23q

Band
HSC
I would've said D. Yes, life expectancy is only a prediction, but it's a prediction based on the health status of a population. For instance, ATSI have a life expectancy approximately 20 years lower than other Australians because of the inequities they face, hence conveying their health status.

Infant mortality also sounds kind of right but I'm not sure. I did a multiple choice where the predicted life expectancy for a woman at birth was lower than her life expectancy when she reached 65. So I dunno if it could be that.

neeksy45

HSC
the answer is c, infant mortality rates.

we did this question with my teacher :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)