• Best of luck to the class of 2024 for their HSC exams. You got this!
    Let us know your thoughts on the HSC exams here
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

help (1 Viewer)

timmy_b

HSC
N/A
first post, hey guys new to this thing. but im in a bit of a dilemna.
finished year 12 in 2007, devastating uai for personal reasons.

went on with an electrical apprenticeship up until now, not for me so trying to get into uni. ive looked at alot of different pathways. uai= 33 and i want to get into science(biotechnology)

ive applied already through uac with 18 months work experience in the electrical industry,
uws college diploma,
uts insearch,
and the stat (not to sure bout how thats going to go)

just in your opinion what are my chances? and what are my other options without wasting another year.
thanks guys!

Kittikhun

HSC
My friend's sister didn't go on to Year 11 and 12 and went to TAFE. After finishing her HSC there she then went to UWS studying journalism or something along those lines and then got transferred to USYD. She has now graduated so from that I'm guessing you have to take the HSC again. I'm not sure though so don't take my word. Good luck by the way. Don't give up!

lychnobity

HSC
first post, hey guys new to this thing. but im in a bit of a dilemna.
finished year 12 in 2007, devastating uai for personal reasons.

went on with an electrical apprenticeship up until now, not for me so trying to get into uni. ive looked at alot of different pathways. uai= 33 and i want to get into science(biotechnology)

ive applied already through uac with 18 months work experience in the electrical industry,
uws college diploma,
uts insearch,
and the stat (not to sure bout how thats going to go)

just in your opinion what are my chances? and what are my other options without wasting another year.
thanks guys!
I think UWS will accept you, say 75% chance. However, I'm not sure about other programs, but UWS science/engineering programs have a 100% transfer rate with UTS, as they have the same lecturers or something to that effect.

moc2009

HSC
N/A
I don’t have a UAI (moved between a few different countries so didn’t complete Year 11 and 12 in the one place).

All I did was sit the STAT test last year, I got straight into my first preference at ANU.

There are always options.

timmy_b

HSC
N/A
thanks guys, my aim is to get into science at UTS, but if i have to do a year at UWS theres no drama.
Whenever i call UTS and UWS(especially) there just so helpful with giving me options and letting me know the best ways to go.

i sit the stat next saturday at jamison high so we will see how everything goes. thanks for your comments guys, made me feel much better:)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)