• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Help. (1 Viewer)

hyPROglo

HSC
So i checked my uni offers off UAC. I've been notified I haven't got any offers in this round.

Firstly...what are my options for the future now...

Secondly...do i just have to wait till the next round of offers...

Thirdly...I applied for a TAFE course in Nirimba which is now too far for travel everyday (due to a move of house AFTER i chose to go there) and got an offer which i have to accept by the 24th. Should i accept?

Help.

Andi0390

HSC
Well right now you are not in a very good situation, because while there are offers in the later rounds, there aren't a lot of offers, and a lot of people still apply for it.

Accept your TAFE offer, its much easier to get out of an offer than it is to get one that has lapsed.

Its far away from your house which is never good, but you have to decide what your education is worth to you.

chewy123

OAM, FAICD, FAAS, MBBS
HSC
Firstly, you can re-organise your preferences. You may reconsider choosing less demanding courses and try to transfer in the second year, but only choose courses you are interested in. I am not sure of your preferences and ATAR so I cant advice much there. Generally, offer made after the main round is rare though possible depending on what courses you are looking for.
Again I am not sure of your situation re TAFE so I cant give advice much here. If you applied for this tafe course simply to have something to do and you have no interest in the course, I would advice against it. A better option would be applying for tafe closer to home in a course you enjoy next yr and prehaps find work for the time being. From there you can move into uni. Otherwise, you should accept this offer nonetheless, as far as I know (double check this), you are allow to ditch the offer before certain date.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)