Help!! (1 Viewer)

ethan1991

HSC
Hey everyone I just need some info about the arts degree at MQ. I'm going to apply next year and if I get accepted into the arts degree I would like to major in anthropology or history but my main question is to whether I can do a double major from another faculty like biology I would normally just consider the science degree but I can't handle and don't like chemistry and pyschics ( sorry if I spelt it wrong) any ideas. ??

HSC
I don't think there's any limitation on double majoring in two different faculties through an arts degree e.g. something in commerce and something in arts, but anything you major in has to be offered by the degree. I looked it up and biology doesn't seem to be offered as a major as part of an arts degree. However, I looked up the science degree and there doesn't seem to be any core requirements apart from a people/planet unit and your major units which would be biology so you can generally avoid chemistry and physics if you want. Also if you want to do both anth/bio or whatever you could do a combined degree of arts/science. It's possible another uni offers those two majors via an arts degree but I wouldn't know. Anyway, just browse around the online handbook on the main degrees you're interested in and what majors you want to do. But according to my sister's friends if you want to do science do a combined degree just in case because of the lack of jobs that tend to be available in that field.

Hope it helps though:)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)