Help (1 Viewer)

slyhunter

Retired
HSC
i'm a gamer, but I never get addicted to any games. But yes I know what you mean, I usually use games as a stress relief when I have been studying too much. However, if I know I have work due, then I always limit my time playing games. If not i'll just rev up games like theres no tomorrow. :) its all about self-control.

and btw if your asian (which most likely you are) then it should be even more easy for you. :)

ps: ask yourself this, do you want an ATAR of <80 or do you want an atar of 90 +
+1

MrBrightside

Brightest Member
HSC
N/A
I don't understand why people love gaming so much. I mean it's not that hard to stop. just convince yourself that you're a loser for playing them too much (which you probably are) and get some friends. When you wanna hang out but they have stuff on, do school work. Done.
But yeah, I'm never giving up facebook.
yeah and it doesn't help when you have friends that game as well >< and always ask you to play.

Chromatic

Banned
HSC
N/A
Take away your gaming consoles man, it's not that hard to resist gaming if you actually want to go well in the HSC. Sell them this year, in all honesty, mine just collected dust all year round.
Same, mine collected dust all year, and I used to play SOOO much!

mirakon

nigga
HSC
just make a timetable to limit yourself. For example I've told myself only play games when not at school e.g. weekends and holidays. Also only play for 1-2 hours on these days. When I have really important exams coming no gaming full stop. It's not that hard, you just gotta start early so you can get used to it.

HSC
Uni Grad
You could suggest that your parents confiscate them for a certain period of time, especially revision period...
You could get them back during certain periods of the year and play it for a limited amount of time... say 1-2 hours

tbh idk if timetables work, I tried one and it didn't work..
coz nowadays, you get distracted heaps and hence procrastination comes in easily, especially if you don't like to follow a boring routine..

btw if you want to consider stopping, convince yourself to stop, don't be so unmotivated to do so, coz otherwise you won't, and don't leave it till later :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)