Help (1 Viewer)

Streetboy

HSC
N/A
hey Guys,

These are my ranks from Half-yearlies: What if I improve them top top 5 and English top 20. Could I get 99+ Atar.

Bio: 14/45
Chem: 7/16
Maths 2u: 6/15
Maths Ext 1: 5/7
SOR 1U: 20/46
English Advanced: 40/50 ( I don't know what to do; I am just going to practice essays till the Trials)

I really want to get into medicine/Adv Science Degree, I really want to get 99+ Atar. How could I get and do I still have a chance to get there. I have 30-40% Trials Left.

What would be the best study method for each subject and how should I study for the Trials, which is in about 2 months Time, I have created all my Notes and practiced 30 papers for each subject. But Still I fear that English will kill my Atar, could I still improve my rank and get a band 6 in English ( I have 45% left for English).

I am burning to get 99+ Atar.

BigBadBader

HSC
Re: Notes

why would you put your title as "notes"? misleading....

listen, nothing is impossible, getting a 99 atar however will need ALOTTTT of work. on all subjects.
cant say for sure because of your small cohort, but try to be top 3 in everything.

HSC

Ok, you'll probably need to be rank 1 for all your subjects to get 99+. Top 3 for English.

Plus you need to completely destroy externals.

Streetboy

HSC
N/A

Ok, you'll probably need to be rank 1 for all your subjects to get 99+. Top 3 for English.

Plus you need to completely destroy externals.
Ok. but is it still possible for me to be ranked 1 and ranked top 3 for English when I have 30-40% for each of my Trials. I know I can smash the Trials Esaily but worried that if I do extremely well in the HSC, then this will go to ranked 1 person, so what should I do.

Fuck, I just want to smash everyone in my school and other schools so badly in the Trials and HSC. I am ready, mate

This HSC shit will prevent me from getting into med. I just want to get in thats all.

Last edited:
HSC

All you can do is work as hard as possible and hope that you absolutely smash trials.

Streetboy

HSC
N/A

All you can do is work as hard as possible and hope that you absolutely smash trials.

Biology: 65% left
Chem: 30% left
Maths 2u: 60% left
Maths Ext 1: 70% left
SOR 1: 35% left
English Advanced: 45% left

you could see my ranks above:What band do you think is still possible in each subject and what Atar could I get, if I smashed the Trials and completely crush the HSC and get the Highest raw mark as possible. Would that ensure me that I will get a band 6. These are the assessments left for each of my subjects. Have a look.

Last edited by a moderator:
HSC

Obviously if you got the highest raw mark possible you would go pretty well. There's definitely still enough assessments left for you to boost your ranks. Probably not to top 5 for English sadly. It all depends how far away you are from everyone else in each subject.

Do you know how great the mark differential is between you and first for each subject?

iBibah

HSC
To be honest, your chances of 99+ are slim, and medicine even slimmer, but it shouldn't stop you improving and maximising your atar.

J-Wang

HSC

Tbh, u'll be pushing to get a 90+ let alone a 99. Just because u work hard doesn't mean anyone else at your school will work less hard. All you can do is work as hard as you possibly can to do the best you can do. Don't worry about how 'dumb' ur cohort is, because u'd be doing a lot better if that was the case. There are alternative ways to get into med, so stress less mate and good luck :)

Streetboy

HSC
N/A

Obviously if you got the highest raw mark possible you would go pretty well. There's definitely still enough assessments left for you to boost your ranks. Probably not to top 5 for English sadly. It all depends how far away you are from everyone else in each subject.

Do you know how great the mark differential is between you and first for each subject?
Yes. I here is all the Info you need man.

Biology: Mark difference: 4.15 ( only 35% was assessed: 1st girl scored: 34.5 Me: 30.35)
Chemistry: Mark difference: 7.7 ( only 70% was assessed: 1st Boy scored: 61.5 Me: 53.8)
Maths 2u: Mark difference: 3 ( only 40% was assessed: 1st Boy scored: 36.5 Me: 32.5)
Maths Ext 1: Mark difference: 9.4 ( only 30% was assessed: 1st Boy scored: 27.6 Me: 18.5)
English Adv: Mark difference: 18 ( only 65% was assessed: 1st Girl scored: 51.55 Me: 33.55)

here is the mark difference:guys I believe in my self, i will never give up. I need everyone help here, if I still can get 99+

Streetboy

HSC
N/A

Lets discuss and be honest guys;

I need all the support out there to get into medicine, I am only working hard because I love the career and want to help people out there. I am being very serious here- Anyone who wants to compete for medicine, I will be the first one

For me getting it me medicine, means alot

CM07

HSC

Good going with the title lol. You got me.

I like the passion you have there for medicine and I believe you can get into medicine with 98+ if you ace the UMAT.
Keep working hard, and may I suggest getting a tutor if you'd like?
I wish I had your motivation.

Good luck.

kwu1

HSC

Lets discuss and be honest guys;

I need all the support out there to get into medicine, I am only working hard because I love the career and want to help people out there. I am being very serious here- Anyone who wants to compete for medicine, I will be the first one

For me getting it me medicine, means alot
Great to see someone who has got the passion :D

HSC
It isn't the be all or end all if you do not get into Medicine this year, you can always transfer or do postgrad. Just keep working hard and you'll get there eventually.

AnimeX

HSC
N/A
I have a question, for maths ext1 how come your school has only done 30% of their assessment tasks? did you do like 3 lots of 10%'s?

Streetboy

HSC
N/A
I have a question, for maths ext1 how come your school has only done 30% of their assessment tasks? did you do like 3 lots of 10%'s?
My teacher is the guy who wrote the Cambridge 4u, so he made the weighting less, first exam was worth 10% and My Half Yearlies worth 20%, so I am very lucky and still can get a band 6.

lol, Come to my school, were get to do the rest of your 70% for maths ext 1, its a catholic school- you can easily transfer- The teachers are nice

What about you, how much assessments do you have left, lol.

Last edited:

Streetboy

HSC
N/A

Good going with the title lol. You got me.

I like the passion you have there for medicine and I believe you can get into medicine with 98+ if you ace the UMAT.
Keep working hard, and may I suggest getting a tutor if you'd like?
I wish I had your motivation.

Good luck.
No worries any thing for you my friend, "Make a poster with your face on the wall and 99.95 under it- look at it everyday"

I love the way you treat people, its good to be friendly

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)