Help! (1 Viewer)

Papaya

HSC
Hey guys,
I had bio and ag today and i used up the extra writing space on the back of the exam. I clearly labelled which questions I was doing on that page, but on the unfinished answers in the original section, I didn't indicate to markers that the rest of the exam was on the back by saying something like "Continued on ___". Do you think I will be penalised or mismarked because of this? I checked the website and it says

If you run out of space when answering a question on the exam paper, you should ask for an extra writing booklet and clearly indicate on the exam paper where the answer is continued.

• Label the booklet(s) carefully so that it is clear which question is being answered
  • If you are using more than one writing booklet, tick the box on the last page of the booklet, to indicate that you have continued your answer in another booklet
  • Record how many writing booklets you have used for a question by labelling every booklet with the total number of booklets used for that question. For example, if you use three booklets for a question, you should indicate this in the boxes provided on the front cover by writing ‘1 of 3’ on the first booklet, ‘2 of 3’ on the second booklet, and ‘3 of 3’ on the third booklet.
If your booklets are not clearly labelled, your complete answer may not be marked.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks :)

c8

HSC
Hey guys,
I had bio and ag today and i used up the extra writing space on the back of the exam. I clearly labelled which questions I was doing on that page, but on the unfinished answers in the original section, I didn't indicate to markers that the rest of the exam was on the back by saying something like "Continued on ___". Do you think I will be penalised or mismarked because of this? I checked the website and it says

If you run out of space when answering a question on the exam paper, you should ask for an extra writing booklet and clearly indicate on the exam paper where the answer is continued.

• Label the booklet(s) carefully so that it is clear which question is being answered
  • If you are using more than one writing booklet, tick the box on the last page of the booklet, to indicate that you have continued your answer in another booklet
  • Record how many writing booklets you have used for a question by labelling every booklet with the total number of booklets used for that question. For example, if you use three booklets for a question, you should indicate this in the boxes provided on the front cover by writing ‘1 of 3’ on the first booklet, ‘2 of 3’ on the second booklet, and ‘3 of 3’ on the third booklet.
If your booklets are not clearly labelled, your complete answer may not be marked.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks :)
Well it says "clearly indicate on the exam paper" so I would assume you do need to write on the question itself that you continued it at the back but I'm not nesa lol so I can't confirm this and you'd probably have to confirm with your principal or exam supervisor

totally_screwed

Baddest Member
HSC
I did the exact same thing in bio last year! I continued a question on the back of the exam (no extra booklet) but forgot to write "continued on back" under the original question. I thought my extra writing would go unnoticed, but don't worry prior to marking someone will take note of that last page and write+highlight the word "continued q__" themselves under the original question. I know this because I bought my HSC paper after results came out, and both the original question and last page were annotated to avoid mismarking.

edit: ah wait I just had a look, only that back page was annotated but yea dw you won't be disadvantaged :^)

Reactions: c8

c8

HSC
I did the exact same thing in bio last year! I continued a question on the back of the exam (no extra booklet) but forgot to write "continued on back" under the original question. I thought my extra writing would go unnoticed, but don't worry prior to marking someone will take note of that last page and write+highlight the word "continued q__" themselves under the original question. I know this because I bought my HSC paper after results came out, and both the original question and last page were annotated to avoid mismarking.
Oop okay never mind this is way more accurate lol

Papaya

HSC

edit: ah wait I just had a look, only that back page was annotated but yea dw you won't be disadvantaged :^)
Thank you so much :) I just had a bit of a worry after I came home but hearing that's really helped me out. Thanks again!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)