HELP!!! (1 Viewer)

SMARTYPANTS_SINGH

NESA WHY?
HSC
I'm wondering if ancient history is going to affect my HSC drastically and if my max atar is reduced if I take ancient. I'm currently ranked 2nd in my cohort and I was planning on dropping it In the beginning, but lately, I have been struggling with chemistry (I don't do tutoring for chem), and I feel like I might drop it instead. I am only able to drop one subject and I'm not sure which subject I should drop Chem or Ancient. I am planning on taking up 4 units of math, so without dropping anything, my subjects will be 4U math, adv English, Eco, Chem, and Ancient.

SadCeliac

done hsc yay
HSC
I'm wondering if ancient history is going to affect my HSC drastically and if my max atar is reduced if I take ancient. I'm currently ranked 2nd in my cohort and I was planning on dropping it In the beginning, but lately, I have been struggling with chemistry (I don't do tutoring for chem), and I feel like I might drop it instead. I am only able to drop one subject and I'm not sure which subject I should drop Chem or Ancient. I am planning on taking up 4 units of math, so without dropping anything, my subjects will be 4U math, adv English, Eco, Chem, and Ancient.
Regardless of what you choose you will be fine - as long as you put effort into that subject. If you drop it and ignore the other then there's no point. If you look at scaling etc Chem probably does better as a subject, but it's a hard subject. On the other hand ancient (from what I've heard) is a very content and essay heavy subject. Don't make this into a huge deal because in the end any decision that makes your HSC easier for yourself will be better. Probably not the most useful thing to hear but it honestly comes down to your preference - hard science subject where you need a thorough understanding vs essay heavy content heavy subject

SMARTYPANTS_SINGH

NESA WHY?
HSC
Regardless of what you choose you will be fine - as long as you put effort into that subject. If you drop it and ignore the other then there's no point. If you look at scaling etc Chem probably does better as a subject, but it's a hard subject. On the other hand ancient (from what I've heard) is a very content and essay heavy subject. Don't make this into a huge deal because in the end any decision that makes your HSC easier for yourself will be better. Probably not the most useful thing to hear but it honestly comes down to your preference - hard science subject where you need a thorough understanding vs essay heavy content heavy subject
but will it effect my max atar, cause I've heard that certain subjects reduce your maximum atar from 99.95

nsw..wollongong

HSC
what do u want to do in uni? if its a science-y or medical course then maybe chem would help, otherwise keep ancient bc ur ranked well in it and can pick urself up

carrotsss

HSC
Just stick which whichever one you enjoy more, keep in mind there’s plenty of time and you have until trials usually to drop subjects, you can take your time. Imo the yr12 chem course is really good, so it might be worth giving that a bit of a taste before you give up on it.

random93810938

HSC
I don't do ancient but have chem. It depends on what you choose but chem has more potential for a higher atar, ancient is easier and gives you more time to study. Assuming you are trying to get as high marks as you can in both chem and ancient, there is a huge gap in skill between getting 1-2 marks off of full marks and full marks as even if your knowledge is good, it is difficult to not make any silly mistakes, especially for the worded questions. So if you put in the effort and get as close to 100% as possible (like 1 mark off or something) for both assessments chem will scale a lot better, but if you think you'd get 100% or mid it shouldn't matter.

SadCeliac

done hsc yay
HSC
for legal reasons i do not
i can't store them anymore it's too much for drive i think i'll just like make a website or server for myself which would double as my sdd major; who knows
You could buy a raspberry pi and chuck a server on that - that would be a sick sdd project (even if rpis aren't too powerful)

SadCeliac

done hsc yay
HSC
i unironically do have one (woops i don't remember where it is) but there's not enough storage on it/it isn't powerful enough imo
I have one chilling around that I have absolutely no idea what to use it for

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)