help (1 Viewer)

synthesisFR

School Spirit Skit 1
HSC
Screen Shot 2023-10-18 at 6.25.36 pm.pngScreen Shot 2023-10-18 at 6.27.59 pm.png
this might be a dumb question but wouldn't u take the abosolute value of b as 1/sqrt3 so then it would be +- the answer?

synthesisFR

School Spirit Skit 1
HSC
Screen Shot 2023-10-18 at 8.19.23 pm.pngScreen Shot 2023-10-18 at 8.19.37 pm.png
could someone explain what they did for part ii lol
I got the same answer but i just did they collide so equated y = y then got V = 20sin(alpha) at collision, and just subbed in a=72 from i. But idk where they got the triangle and stuff from?

Masaken

Unknown Member
HSC
like i got it but now i dont got it anymore??
so it's a parametric q basically, i remember doing it (syd grammar 2023?)
for x = f(t), t = 2 is the point where the curve meets the tangent. the gradient of the tangent *at this point* is basically rise/run. so for the x curve that's f'(2) = -1/2 (see that little 'triangle' made with the dotted line rising up to the point and the t axis from 2 to 4?). similarly for y = g(t) when t = 2 y = 1 the curve touches the tangent at that point, so finding the gradient of the tangent at that point is just rise/run so g'(2) = 1.

it asks gradient of tangent for curve C, but since that's defined parametrically in terms of three variables you need to technically 'join' them together to get only y and x with the gradient of the tangent being dy/dx. since you have dx/dt [f'(2)] and dy/dt [g'(2)] to cancel out the dr variable and then you should get -2

synthesisFR

School Spirit Skit 1
HSC
Screen Shot 2023-10-18 at 8.36.02 pm.pngScreen Shot 2023-10-18 at 8.26.20 pm.png
this question i had no idea how to use part i
because like how do u know that fx - gx = -px ??? and how do u know if it would have a double root

carrotsss

HSC
View attachment 40723View attachment 40724
this question i had no idea how to use part i
because like how do u know that fx - gx = -px ??? and how do u know if it would have a double root
because if you treat g(x) as the x axis for f(x), the two times which it touches immediately turn back, making them double roots. hence, this has two roots of multiplicity two, which is P(x)

carrotsss

HSC
i get what ur saying but i dont get it?
Pretend that g(x) is an x axis. The points where f(x)=g(x) would therefore be the zeros of f(x) relative to this g(x). Therefore, as you can see on the graph, there are two double roots, so, you can equate your equation from earlier g(x)-f(x) to P(x) (they flip both sides but it achieves the same thing) because P(x) can represent any polynomial with 2 double roots

carrotsss

HSC
but how do u know fx - gx = px or -px im confused
the coefficient of x^4 must be the same, and p(x) is monic so it’s coefficient is 1. as you can see in its equation, the coefficient in f(x) is -1, so to match that if you want to equate a positive f(x) you need a negative p(x)

synthesisFR

School Spirit Skit 1
HSC
the coefficient of x^4 must be the same, and p(x) is monic so it’s coefficient is 1. as you can see in its equation, the coefficient in f(x) is -1, so to match that if you want to equate a positive f(x) you need a negative p(x)
can i please borrow just 5 of your brain cells for fridays exam?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)