help!!! (1 Viewer)

ashburke1987

ahh im doomed!!.. hsc is coming up and i got no notes, if people would help me itd b soo greatly appreciated- i dont usually ask 4 notes but i need help :(

becky_baby

Go to your local library and hire the Excel CFS revision book.. and follow the syllabus points.. there really isnt that much to know! just remember the terms and stuff and practise S.A questions.. When doing really quick revision all u need is the syllabus!! all the terms that u need to know are on there! as long as u can explain what they are in your head then you will do fine! trust me its the easyest subject to study 4. :eek:

OZGIRL86

stuck in a moment
HSC
N/A
learn your syllabus, my advice is that you should write your own notes because you will learn as you are writing them.

cro_angel

<3<3<3
HSC
haha but its true.. because when you read through ur class notes/textbook/excel book to make the notes thats learning them once.. then using your short term memory to type it thats remembering it again.. then rereading it again to make sure it makes sense.. its like studying it three times in such a short process

ashburke1987

hey yeah thanks , i did go and get that exel guide and it a hell of a lot better than the text book we are currently using. it is an easy subject but because it gets scaled so low im looking for close 2 100% so yeah ,... umm thanks all 4 the help , goodluck wif hsc
take care and keep smilin
PEACE OUT DUDETTES!

Zecca

CAFS notes

Well....Go out and buy yourself a hardcover A4 book.then go home, look thru your textbooks and for each topic, write out notes, just the importants tsuff. dont worry about case studies etc.. Have a little stats corner at the bottom of each topic....now once you have done that for everything thats mentioned in the syllabus, then highlight the really important stuff. the stuff has that has the greatest mention in the damned syllabus..

nessie_lee

Povo Uni Student!
Knights territory.... and I'm a Doggies supporter!
HSC
syllabus syllabus syllabus!!! it's the most vital thing to remember.. coz when u look at a question and pull it apart... as long as u know ur syllabus points- you'll know what u have to write about and you just keep on elaborating!
there is a fair bit to remember... but a lot of it is just common knowledge...... the syllabus is the most vital part! ... it's your new best friend! :) hehe

elizarose

For everone's information (if your interested) i have finally finnished typing up the independant trial and all my answers (even the extended responses!!) i hope they can help someone else. I always use my past exams as practices and concise study notes

loquasagacious

NCAP Mooderator
HSC
How do you recommend writing syllabus notes? Someone recommended just writing notes and then highlighting but mine are always too detailed. Any other ideas?

I find CAFS difficult (despite coming first) because its full of generalisations but they want specific answers. Does anyone have a technique for CAFS responses like *statement*fact*example? I'm worried that my exam mark will stuff up my 90+ assessment mark.

Also, do other people find some of the questions in CAFS exams stupid? I was told by my teacher to play the game and not respond to questions with open contempt.

Last edited:

elizarose

addymac said:
How do you recommend writing syllabus notes? Someone recommended just writing notes and then highlighting but mine are always too detailed. Any other ideas?

I find CAFS difficult (despite coming first) because its full of generalisations but they want specific answers. Does anyone have a technique for CAFS responses like *statement*fact*example? I'm worried that my exam mark will stuff up my 90+ assessment mark.

Also, do other people find some of the questions in CAFS exams stupid? I was told by my teacher to play the game and not respond to questions with open contempt.
for the three extended response questions, my advice is to divide the question up into the paragraphs say for example the question is asking about the access to resources for 2 groups you have studied, you would either organise your response by the group (which is what i do) or organise it according to their indivdual access to resources etc. Once establishing this you can think discern the points: intro... briefly describe group one (eg the aged)... outline the different contributing factors to their access to resources (probably about 3 or four paragraphs for this -one for each factor)... then move into the next group and so on.

nessie_lee

Povo Uni Student!
Knights territory.... and I'm a Doggies supporter!
HSC
Yeah i usually do the whole intro, but then look at the dot points from the syllabus that they want you to look at, and use them as a basis for the different paragraphs. e.g new paragraph for a new dot point. etc. That's how i usually do mine, that way the essay flows well. Don't forget to relate it all back to wellbeng though... they like that a lot! :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)