Help (1 Viewer)

miss-teek

I have a question which I have to do in 1 and a half hours on "Assess the extent to which Hitler's Rise to Power was a result of Weimar Weakness" and I forgot my notes and can't find any on the resource page. Please help me!

music dr

the little mermaid
HSC
ok, i am only in yr 10 so this is probably not helpfull but it's better than nothing...

Due to the weimar weakness the people were willing to listen to anyone that would bring them out of the slump that they were in and hitler started making all these promises and because the people had nothing to lose they lisened to him. he kind of fed on their naiveness, if that makes sense. (probably really simple way of putting it ;) )

Loz#1

"03'er"
HSC
miss-teek said:
I have a question which I have to do in 1 and a half hours on "Assess the extent to which Hitler's Rise to Power was a result of Weimar Weakness" and I forgot my notes and can't find any on the resource page. Please help me!
Basically, because of the collapse of the Weimar Republic in the depression years, Hitler took advantage of this and started to expose the weakness of Weimar to the uunhappy German public.

During the Weimar:
- Money had been borrowed, particulary from the USA. Thus Germany was in great debt.

- Worse still, loans from the USA were short-term whereas all that Germany invested in was long-term. If "investors" needed to call in their outstanding loans, Germany would basically be screwed.

The reason for Hitler's success in gaining power was the result of the Weimar's economic and political failure, Nazi appeal and the Depression.

If you need anymore, let me know.

Loz#1

"03'er"
HSC
don't worry, modern history is the only forum i really help in.

Loz#1

"03'er"
HSC
Although it wasn't proven that Hitler and his men started the fire, the fire was definitely a stepping stone between the Weimar Republic and Hitler's cosolidation of power.

I give you permission to use those words.

miss-teek

thank you so much for helping me- i really aprciate it.
not to be annoying but do you know what else i could talk about? what about the SA and the SS? When was the Gaestapo formed?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)