Help! (1 Viewer)

ashleejoanne

HSC
I am having trouble with my PIP. My topic is "Is curing deafness really just cultural genocide?" We have to divide it into 'subtopics' like they said at that PIP day thing last week, but i have no idea what subtopics i can break it into. I also dont know what cross cultural thing i can do. This is my third topic so i am not changing again.
Does anyone have any ideas? I am really stuck.

Thanks

Ashlee

white_spazzy

but why?
HSC
i think your topic is very different and interesting.
write up a list of the main questions (focus questions) that you have thought of and then they will most likely turn into your chapters as you research further into each of those questions. i dont know if that makes sense but that is what i did and i really works.
im not sure about your cross cultural

i hope that helps

winicat

HSC
your cross-cultural component is very important. you could consider the comparisons between families with and with out deaf members, their views on the deaf community, whether it is a "disease", etc. have you tried talking to your teacher about this topic? it does appear, from your brief statement, to be very complex. if talking to your teaching is too intimidating consider finding an older person to act as an objective mentor for you. these people can help you with these sorts of troubles as well as allow you to discuss ideas and work through problems.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)