Help!!! (1 Viewer)

Wolverine

HSC
Im doing a cross cultural study of how cartoons from different cultures portrays there lives and what not..
for america im choosing the simpsons and contrasting the show with the "average" family
for Japan im choosign dragonball z and contrasting that with the "average" japanese family..

thoughts and help needed immediatly

steffo

steph
HSC
firstly, what is your topic?
and secondly, that is not necessarilly your best choice of cross-cultural study. let me know what your topic is ASAP and i will try and help you with you cross-cultural.
easiest cross-cultural studies are done over time, ie. you could study early japanese cartoons, historical paintings, or early art even, compare it to modern manga and cartooning now.
or use gender- concentrate on portrayal of men or women, and how the changes have been reflected in changing gender roles in that particular society.
or use ... um cannot think of anything else of top of head actually. PM me if u need extra help. im still online and check my email regularly.
:)

Abbeygale

HSC
No offense (yes, yes, I know that people who say that always follow it up with something offensive), but considering the enormous range of genres Japanese animation comes in, why have you chosen Dragonball Z? While the Simpsons centres around the family, DZ is a fantasy show. How could a comparison between it and the average Japanese family be meaningful?

Wolverine

HSC
Yeah i know but can u think of another cartoon i can do a cross cultural study with because i have no idea.... thats the only one i could remotly think of that has family situations in it...

Abbeygale

HSC
Have you visited your local JB Hi-Fi and had a browse through the anime section? I'm not a big fan of it, so I can't make specific suggestions, but I know that there are better options.

winicat

HSC
just going off Cheez TV animes, there are a lot of them with family situations: hamtaro, pokemon, winx club, etc. You're looking for the 'average' family.

Maybe try asking some anime fans for advice *shrug* And whoever suggested JB had the right idea too.

meh, sorry, i really haven't got anything more. I'm trying to think of the stuff I've seen with families, but nothing really focuses on the family structure (usually it's on the bringing togetherness of the family - eg. spirited away) .. maybe that's the point? *shrug*

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)