Help! (1 Viewer)

Gummy_bear

HSC
Hi all. im gonna keep this short. i dropped ancient history at the end of year 11, and my curriculam co ordinator assured me that i was elegible for a uai, but then 2 terms later, i discovered that im not. so, i took up ancient again.
i missed 2 topics.
ancient societies - minion crete
personalities int heir times - hatshepsut

can anyone give me a link to the sylabus dot points for these topics and tell me the best way to get as much info as i can b4 the trails? i have no help from my teacher because he has gone on long service leave. PLEASE HELP ME!!

grk_styl

is hating uni & study
on the dance floor with a bottle of tequila
HSC
Hi there!

You can find the
Board of Studies Ancient History Syllabus here. Just scroll through the Stage 6 Periods, Societies and Personalities, until you find the two you are after.

The Egypt Forum has some notes on Hatshepsut. You can also look through the posts to see if there are any other helpful notes/links, etc

The Greece Forum allows you to ask any questions regarding Minoan society. But please do a search first to see if your question has already been answered.

The Bored has a resources section where other students post their works. Please use these as a guide only, as teachers browse these resources, and you wouldn't wanna get busted for plaigarism! Go here: Bored Ancient History resources

My advice to you is to get as many resources as possible, that includes Historians books on your particular topic. Lawless (i think?) is a good one for Egypt. Once you have ur info, arrange it under all the syllabus dot points you get from the Board of Studies Syllabus. Once you have done that, you're set! Make sure you have historians quotes, as you probably won't reach the top two bands if you do not.

Good luck :)

X

xeuyrawp

Gummy_bear said:
Hi all. im gonna keep this short. i dropped ancient history at the end of year 11, and my curriculam co ordinator assured me that i was elegible for a uai, but then 2 terms later, i discovered that im not. so, i took up ancient again.
i missed 2 topics.

can anyone give me a link to the sylabus dot points for these topics and tell me the best way to get as much info as i can b4 the trails? i have no help from my teacher because he has gone on long service leave. PLEASE HELP ME!!
That's really, really bad.

If you need someone to go over stuff with you, add me to msn or something. I'm always awake anyway.

suger_plum

Banned
In Heads Racing Car Bed!!! You Know You Want Me!!!
HSC
Gummy_bear said:
i missed 2 topics.

how was a mistake that big made?
i didnt know you could drop something and then pick it back up 6 months later.
i didnt do those topics however the real boardofstudies has the curiculum
DO NOT stress, and ddefinitly do not procrastinate. for it is the enemy

Gummy_bear

HSC
Thanx guys.
the only reason i was aloud to take the subject back on after 6 months was because the same mistake happened to a bout 5 people in my year, i suppose if it was just me, they wouldnt let me take it back on.
one girl was told she could drop society and culture because exploring early childhood, a vet subject, counted towards your UAI, which in fact, it doesnt. i feel very sorry for her as she has to do her whole pip.
i have downloaded heaps of stuff from board of studies and this site, and would loike to thank all of you that bother to submit your notes, for what ever subject, you can believe how much this has helped me!
im so glad that us HSC students have accsess to such a great site like this, if i didnt know about this site, i would surely be lost.
thanx to who ever thought up this wonderful site!

X

xeuyrawp

Gummy_bear said:
Thanx guys.
the only reason i was aloud to take the subject back on after 6 months was because the same mistake happened to a bout 5 people in my year, i suppose if it was just me, they wouldnt let me take it back on.
one girl was told she could drop society and culture because exploring early childhood, a vet subject, counted towards your UAI, which in fact, it doesnt. i feel very sorry for her as she has to do her whole pip.
i have downloaded heaps of stuff from board of studies and this site, and would loike to thank all of you that bother to submit your notes, for what ever subject, you can believe how much this has helped me!
im so glad that us HSC students have accsess to such a great site like this, if i didnt know about this site, i would surely be lost.
I'm glad you've seen our notes etc, they can be very useful to get some extra info :)

If you need more help, yell out.

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
Gummy_bear said:
Thanx guys.
You might want to apply for special consideration. That's screwed up.

X

xeuyrawp

Slide Rule said:
You might want to apply for special consideration. That's screwed up.
You wouldn't be able to get special considerations, or EAS for that.

Magister

HSC
N/A
Help!!

You could try applying for misadventure, as long as it could be supported by appropriate documentation. As your school seems to have advised you incorrectly, you should not be disadvantaged. Would the responsible people or the powers that be at your school be prepared to support you? You could also try contacting the HSC Helpline for further advice.

Good luck!! If you need any further help with your topics, feel free to email or message me.

Magister

TangleElfshimer

so who told you you could drop it? was it a careers advisor or something?or a teacher that is a pretty ibg mistake to make

X

xeuyrawp

Magister said:
You could try applying for misadventure, as long as it could be supported by appropriate documentation. As your school seems to have advised you incorrectly, you should not be disadvantaged. Would the responsible people or the powers that be at your school be prepared to support you? You could also try contacting the HSC Helpline for further advice.

Good luck!! If you need any further help with your topics, feel free to email or message me.

Magister
No, you couln't apply for misadventure very easily, as it requires the school to back you up 100%. The school, in this case, seems to have dropped the buck, and I doubt they'll pick it back up for you and admit they've fucked up majorly. Your biggest bet would be talking to a counsellor/psych and getting them to write a misadventure form and pressure the school into confirming it.

Magister

HSC
N/A
re HELP again

I agree that getting a misadventure finding would be difficult-I wasn't suggesting it was a certainty-but it is worth trying. Some school counsellors are sympathetic to students' misfortunes and would be prepared to stand up to the school executive. Has your teacher/ school actually admitted to a foul-up, or are they taking no responsibility at all? Can anyone back you up on this? How far are your parents willing to go on this? If all else fails and you continue to be pissed off, go further for support. If you are at a Govt. school, you could approach someone at District Office such as the Student Welfare Officer or initiate a grievance procedure. It may all be a bit too heavy for you to contemplate at this stage, but these are some options.

Again, good luck!!

Gummy_bear

HSC
cool, thanx for all the great advice.
at first the school tried to blame it on me, saying that i should of checked it out for myself. i know i should of, but silly me, i trusted the teachers. it was actually our curriculam co ordinator that made the mistake and nothing else has really been said about it. they werent going to let me take the subject back on coz they siad that i knew that i couldnt get a UAI, which i didnt realise until later, and they needed proof that i didnt know, which they found by looking at my statement to the board of studies in which i ticked that i was elegable for a UAI even tho i wasnt doing history at the time.
im going pretty well with the studying, thank goodness and i really appretiate all the great advice you guys have given me. ill tell you what, if it wasnt for this site, i would well and truely be shatting myself right now. but im pretty cool, i got all the great notes from this site and added with the links you guys gave me, i think i may do even better than other girls in my class :)
sorry i didnt reply for so long, i didnt realise that there would be so many responces :)

thanks again people!

and good luck for the trials!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)