Helpppp ....decision (1 Viewer)

DepressedPenguin

HSC
HELP :; (
Im in year 11 right now
Two unit maths is hard.. what should I do..
Should I stay and get 70ish in my HSC or drop to General now and get 80+
Which one is a better option and will get me more ATAR points? I want an ATAR of 85+ :3

rumbleroar

Survivor of the HSC
HSC
With practice, 2U can become relatively better to handle in the future. Why do you think it's hard?
Also, you don't know if you will get 70ish as an external mark in the HSC, you're only in year 11 and there hasn't been enough time to tell how you are going with 2U. In terms of ATAR maximisation, doing 2U will be better than general. (Generally speaking. If you get a 90 in general, that is better than a 70 in 2U, so it realy depends.)

I think you should stick with 2U. With more applied effort and help from your teacher, you can get better with understanding the concepts and how everything works. Also 2U is really fun!!

strawberrye

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Have you asked your teacher for help? If you are struggling, have you considered of going to a Maths tutor to get some extra help? How do you study for maths and how many hours do you spend on maths each week?

Queenroot

I complete the Squar3
HSC
N/A
HELP :; (
Im in year 11 right now
Two unit maths is hard.. what should I do..
Should I stay and get 70ish in my HSC or drop to General now and get 80+
Which one is a better option and will get me more ATAR points? I want an ATAR of 85+ :3
Drop and get 90+, trust me it's really not that hard once you see the HSC general maths paper.
I regret keeping 2u maths throughout my entire HSC.

DepressedPenguin

HSC
Just finished my half yearly maths exam today. I believe I got about 80% which is pretty bad .. should I drop to General?
I dont know if a 85% in general is worth more ATAR than a 70% in Mathematics?

Queenroot

I complete the Squar3
HSC
N/A
Just finished my half yearly maths exam today. I believe I got about 80% which is pretty bad .. should I drop to General?
I dont know if a 85% in general is worth more ATAR than a 70% in Mathematics?
85% in general is worth more than 70 in maths.

But seeing as you got 80%, that's pretty damn good, you should stay

dtmtrano

HSC
Stick with 2U, I thinks it's just learning new concepts thats probably hard for you but in terms of the actual questions, its not too bad. I reckon 2 unit is just a build up from yr 10 maths. I recommend you stay with 2U because General in my opinion can actually be harder than 2U (looking at the qs)... Just ask for help if u need it and keep practicing and I'm sure you'll handle 2Unit

Sent from my LT26i using Tapatalk

enoilgam

HSC
You should always stick it out a little longer with 2U. Usually, most schools set an extremely difficult first exam in order to encourage the "dead wood" to drop down to general. So, you shouldnt be discouraged by the first exam. However, considering you got 80%, I definitely wouldnt consider dropping at this point - I got 55% in my first Prelim exam and ended up with a Band 6.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)