• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Hex (1 Viewer)

This show is a direct take off from Buffy. the school girl who ends up fighting evil, the lesbian friend. The producers claim, its different to buffy since the characters are more three dimensional and it distorts the line between good and evil. He also said the main character makes mistakes. Buffy did those things, buffy made mistakes, and it had the good /evil distortion thing, good characters turned evil, bad characters turned good.
Its not in australia yet.

duckofdoom

Ellie-Jelly
HSC
Yes it is.

It's premiering on arena channel on foxtel either this or next wednesday at 8:30. Also it's showing on sunday at 9:30.

It is reminiscent of Buffy, but if it's the same plot lines then I won't watch it.

steph@nie

narcissistic whore.
HSC
it's nothing like buffy at all, i watched the first episode today.

PaleReflection

i can teach you
HSC
Yeah I watched it on Austar last night. I thought it was pretty good although I already despise the main character.

Did anyone notice how her lesbian best friend was eating in EVERY SINGLE SCENE?

PaleReflection

i can teach you
HSC
codereder said:
comon the lesbian friend?? willow
Willow didn't become a lesbian until ages after the show began, while the best friend in Hex is gay from the first episode. Besides, Buffy wasn't the first show to feature a lesbian as a main character, and just because it did, it doesn't mean every other show with a lesbian is copying it.

PaleReflection said:
Willow didn't become a lesbian until ages after the show began, while the best friend in Hex is gay from the first episode. Besides, Buffy wasn't the first show to feature a lesbian as a main character, and just because it did, it doesn't mean every other show with a lesbian is copying it.
u can admit its very similar to buffy cant u?

fnkychk

HSC
N/A
This show is a direct take off from Buffy. the school girl who ends up fighting evil, the lesbian friend. The producers claim, its different to buffy since the characters are more three dimensional and it distorts the line between good and evil.
It's barely like Buffy. Cassie was weak. She killed herself for that evil baby. She slept with the guy who killed her best friend, twice! Why did no-one ever say anything about that?

Is anyone still watching it?

HSC
fnkychk said:
It's barely like Buffy. Cassie was weak. She killed herself for that evil baby. She slept with the guy who killed her best friend, twice! Why did no-one ever say anything about that?

I am totally still watching HEX.

I don't understand how they would kill of their main character at the begining of the second season though!

fnkychk said:

Have u even watched bufffy????? Buffy was the weakest of them all!! Buffy killed herself for someone. Buffy slept with vampyres fod Gods sake.

sphinxtress

HSC
ok u have got to get over the whole buffy thing. All tv shows rip off something else. Besides, Hex is way better than buffy ever was. It appeals more to people because its a lot sexier, has better visuals and special effects and isn't the extreme cliche that buffy is. I mean, stabbing people with stakes?? Nobody does that :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)