Hey are Macbooks any good? (1 Viewer)

MiTcHeLL4188

HSC
Hey i just got a macbook as a birthday present/going to uni present...r they any good? like in terms of being reliable etc?

sunny

meh.
HSC
Not sure about reliable. Everyone I know who has a MacBook has had it go back for repairs at one stage or another.

Winston

HSC
Well it's technology, and it depends at times, like sunny mentioned, there have been problems, sometimes big sometimes minor, generally not to do with the design of it in general but batch related problems.

I mean we're dealing with computers here, they don't last forever, and it depends how you treat it.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
On this point, I'm wondering how the G4s would hold up for a bit of photoshopping etc, or is it worth the mula to save up for the Intel ones. Secondly, are 13" screens really that small ?

Winston

HSC
I think you'd want the Core 2 Duo's, there is actually a considerable difference, i mean if you just jump on the G4 wagon, you probably won't notice much until you use an Intel based one, a mate of mine owned a G4 and then moved to the macbook, just Core Duo itself he noticed a big difference.

I say put the extra cash in for the Intel's. Also the 13"s definitely don't appear to be as small as everyone says, it's very decent size.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Sweet thanks for that winnie pooh

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
AsyLum said:
On this point, I'm wondering how the G4s would hold up for a bit of photoshopping etc, or is it worth the mula to save up for the Intel ones. Secondly, are 13" screens really that small ?
Wait for CS3 to come out as well, otherwise you're running over Rosetta which I've heard isn't fun.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)