Hey Can someone help (1 Viewer)

totally_screwed

Baddest Member
HSC
pls as i was reading this i was thinking u could prove ur identity with someone if you had like a private chat w them on BOS like what yall talked about and the other person could confirm if thats correct / screenshot
lol proof isn't even necessary bcz this man is 100% legit

no one's gonna try this hard to hack an account, he's been sulking about it for days, actual hackers don't usually make a public scene like this I think

HSC
N/A
I generally feel bad that I’m a bothering Trebla the most, the guy needs a break from helping me on recovering this account, so this would be my last attempt before I quit and move on..

CM_Tutor

HSC
N/A
Trebla has been sorting out the BoS MX2 Trial, coordinating the marking (and doing some of it too) and now we need to sort MX1. Site activity is high, with the extra work that brings, and he has a full-time job. There's even been some quite vile trolling. In that spare hour he has from 2 to 3 am each day, he sometimes likes to indulge in a little sleeping. Give him some time, there are issues that effect many participants or the site as a whole that need to take priority.

CM_Tutor

HSC
N/A
I have given up. Goodbye BOS community ❤
I am sad to see anyone who has actively contributed to this community leave. I know that it is inevitable that many will leave after the HSC, this site no longer being as valuable for support and their immediate goals. Some will stay and offer to others support similar to what they have received in the past, helping the BoS community to continue and to grow.

I don't doubt that you are feeling distressed and that the problem of your account access is urgent from your perspective. It is not a simple problem, however. Establishing that a user who has lost access to an account is indeed the same user, when methods like password resetting are unavailable, is not simple. For the sake of every BoS participant and the integrity of their accounts, we need to be certain and it takes time to do carry out the relevant checks. Try to see it from Trebla's perspective, where there are issues that are urgent / important for many users to address, and where you are able to participate under this alternative account. You can ask questions, respond to discussions, access resources, and all of that at a time when the HSC exams are occurring and the forums are at their busiest. This is not to say that sorting out your account issue is not important, but it is to say that your participation is impacted only in that it comes under a different account identity and that the urgency of resolving this is less than it would be if you could not participate. Trebla, brent, and all of the Moderator team devote considerable time and energy to BoS. Our goals are to support the community here and that means, at times, that an issue for one user will be a lower priority than an issue that is causing problems for multiple users.

So, I ask: Perhaps you might reflect on whether your decision here is fair, both to the administration / moderator teams and to your fellow BoS contributors? You seem to be saying that you are leaving because your problem has not been addressed fast enough, but sometimes in a community the needs of the many come first. Can you explain why the name under which you contribute is so urgent and important that your unimpeded ability to contribute is insufficient while your problem is considered? Do you think that Trebla should set aside tasks like the marking of the MX1 BoS trial so that it can be returned well before the exam on Friday to sort out your access to a previous account? We've asked for patience. We've not said that nothing can be done, but rather that checks are needed to ensure access is not granted to an account that is not justified. It's just that the community as a whole has needs and our priorities need to be on topics that relate to the HSC exams that are ongoing. I'm sorry that you are hurting and distressed, but I hope you can see why our priorities are what they are. Trebla will get to your situation, but it will take some time.

HSC
N/A
I am sad to see anyone who has actively contributed to this community leave. I know that it is inevitable that many will leave after the HSC, this site no longer being as valuable for support and their immediate goals. Some will stay and offer to others support similar to what they have received in the past, helping the BoS community to continue and to grow.

I don't doubt that you are feeling distressed and that the problem of your account access is urgent from your perspective. It is not a simple problem, however. Establishing that a user who has lost access to an account is indeed the same user, when methods like password resetting are unavailable, is not simple. For the sake of every BoS participant and the integrity of their accounts, we need to be certain and it takes time to do carry out the relevant checks. Try to see it from Trebla's perspective, where there are issues that are urgent / important for many users to address, and where you are able to participate under this alternative account. You can ask questions, respond to discussions, access resources, and all of that at a time when the HSC exams are occurring and the forums are at their busiest. This is not to say that sorting out your account issue is not important, but it is to say that your participation is impacted only in that it comes under a different account identity and that the urgency of resolving this is less than it would be if you could not participate. Trebla, brent, and all of the Moderator team devote considerable time and energy to BoS. Our goals are to support the community here and that means, at times, that an issue for one user will be a lower priority than an issue that is causing problems for multiple users.

So, I ask: Perhaps you might reflect on whether your decision here is fair, both to the administration / moderator teams and to your fellow BoS contributors? You seem to be saying that you are leaving because your problem has not been addressed fast enough, but sometimes in a community the needs of the many come first. Can you explain why the name under which you contribute is so urgent and important that your unimpeded ability to contribute is insufficient while your problem is considered? Do you think that Trebla should set aside tasks like the marking of the MX1 BoS trial so that it can be returned well before the exam on Friday to sort out your access to a previous account? We've asked for patience. We've not said that nothing can be done, but rather that checks are needed to ensure access is not granted to an account that is not justified. It's just that the community as a whole has needs and our priorities need to be on topics that relate to the HSC exams that are ongoing. I'm sorry that you are hurting and distressed, but I hope you can see why our priorities are what they are. Trebla will get to your situation, but it will take some time.
I’m not saying that Trebla should focus on me the most out of his priorities, but even tho he gets my account back to me, I don’t really care anymore, I have moved on. So yeah, I’m not so fussed about if I get my account back.

HSC
N/A
I honestly feel like spending more time BOS and sorting my whole account out, has made me very inpatient and made me spend more time on worrying about a account that has no value. I respect that Trebla has helped me the most to getting my account back, which I’m grateful but, I honestly think, he should move that away and not try to get the account back to me. As much of a great community this forum has, I don’t feel like coming back. Sorry to say.

kkk579

hello
HSC
I honestly feel like spending more time BOS and sorting my whole account out, has made me very inpatient and made me spend more time on worrying about a account that has no value. I respect that Trebla has helped me the most to getting my account back, which I’m grateful but, I honestly think, he should move that away and not try to get the account back to me. As much of a great community this forum has, I don’t feel like coming back. Sorry to say.
y r u not coming back? cant u just use this acc?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)