Hey guys! plz help! (1 Viewer)

borkis04

You have been blocked.
Arse of the World, Syd being the arsehole :D
HSC
i know you guys hav probably heard enough..but im stressing out heaps the last few days leading up to the dreaded 1st exam..i just wanna know if i can get what i am aiming for if im consistent in the HSC final exams as i was for the HSC assessments..:p..i go 2 a school that ranks just outside the top 50 schools in the state...public school..

Eng - 56/69 66%..i know i can get at least 75% in the HSC..
Maths 2U - 67/92 43%...prob the subject that will b dropped..
Geo - 2/17 82%...im aiming for a band 6
Bio - 13/23 66%...i know i can get a mid band 5s in HSC..
Business Studies - 17/45 60%...i know i can get mid band 5 or above...
Modern Hist. - 17/34 60%....i know i can get a band 5 easy...

i know what i can get bcoz ive done past papers..studied like mad and frantic 2 get into macquarie next year!...if sumbody could please just give me an estimate...that owuld be awesome! i would greatly appreciate it!

just wanna know where i stand! :p im so nervous

regards!

HSC
I would also be interested to see what it takes to get a UAI of 81+, that is what I need. What do you school internal marks mean in the scheme of things? I read somewhere that essentially the mark you get is the one in the exam, I thought it was an average of the two, or like 50% and 50%. Which is it?

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
borkis04 said:
i know you guys hav probably heard enough..but im stressing out heaps the last few days leading up to the dreaded 1st exam..i just wanna know if i can get what i am aiming for if im consistent in the HSC final exams as i was for the HSC assessments..:p..i go 2 a school that ranks just outside the top 50 schools in the state...public school..

Eng - 56/69 66%..i know i can get at least 75% in the HSC..
Maths 2U - 67/92 43%...prob the subject that will b dropped..
Geo - 2/17 82%...im aiming for a band 6
Bio - 13/23 66%...i know i can get a mid band 5s in HSC..
Business Studies - 17/45 60%...i know i can get mid band 5 or above...
Modern Hist. - 17/34 60%....i know i can get a band 5 easy...

i know what i can get bcoz ive done past papers..studied like mad and frantic 2 get into macquarie next year!...if sumbody could please just give me an estimate...that owuld be awesome! i would greatly appreciate it!

just wanna know where i stand! :p im so nervous

regards!
if your gonna get what you say your gonna get then chances are you should get above 80s easy
as for you natalie dont stress out too much on 81+ jus focus do the rest you can because its only up to you to see whether you can get your 81+

borkis04

You have been blocked.
Arse of the World, Syd being the arsehole :D
HSC
oh phew..yah mate thansk a bunch..needed it coz i cant stop stressing after a week of cramming...i wish my exmas wer emore consistently spaced out :(

yeh but much appreciated mate!

good luck 4 urself aye! watevr ur aiming for!

physician

Some things never change.
HSC
*n.a.t.a.l.i.e* said:
I would also be interested to see what it takes to get a UAI of 81+, that is what I need. What do you school internal marks mean in the scheme of things? I read somewhere that essentially the mark you get is the one in the exam, I thought it was an average of the two, or like 50% and 50%. Which is it?
"The mark u get is the one in the exam" as u put it.... ONLY if ur ranked 1st in a subject... (unless someone gets a higher exam mark than the person ranked 1st... their exam mark becomes ur assessment mark)

example: let's say ur ranked 1st in maths

n.a.t.a.l.i.e:
Exam Mark - assessment mark - Final HSC mark

---- 90 ---------------------90 ----------------- 90

however.... let's say u were ranked 1st... and u got 90 in the HSC exam.. then someone ranked lets say 3rd gets 94 in the exam

n.a.t.a.l.i.e:
Exam Mark - assessment mark- Final HSC mark
---- 90---------------- 94--------------- 92------

so to answer ur other question, yes! it's 50-50
ur internal is worth 50% of ur final HSC mark and ur external exam is worth the other half

however, ur internal is moderated according to ur schools performance (for a specific subject) in the HSC exam...so u may have calculated ur internal mark to be something like 80, but when u recieve ur results u see that ur assesment mark is 90... (that means its been moderated)

the higher ur rank the higher ur assessment mark!!!

hope that helps!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)