• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Hey i could do with some help (1 Viewer)

bubblychic

hey all u ext history ppls out there
i was hoping some one could help me
for my indiviual project my topic is children in the australian circus, and i was wondering is any one had any info if they could e it to me.
Best of luck to every one out there with your half yearlies and then the big old HSC.
hope 2 hear form someone
Love BC:p

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
children in the australian circus?!!? ummm ok, i assume ur serious so what are the historiographical issues involving that? im trying to remain open minded but this is sorta pushing it...

Craig

there goes my hero
HSC
I have to agree with Sarah. Whats the go? Surely your kidding when you say your assignment is on children in the circus? What issues would exist in that topic? I don't mean to sound cynical here but in all honesty; I don't like your chances of getting a decent mark if you do that topic. In order to do well in this assignment you need to have a topic that is somewhat controversial and has a wealth of information.

shelley

trouble maker
HSC
hrmm must say i agree..havin weird and wonderful topics is fine i saw it with my class but how are you gonna churn out 2500 words remeber that THIS IS NOT A HISTORY YOUR WRITING its about opionions, so yea what on earth are u focusing on? i assume you have an area of debate..........well i hope u do!

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
maybe there is a deeply philosphical and historiographical issue we don't know about here :D

Craig

there goes my hero
HSC
Originally posted by Sarah168
maybe there is a deeply philosphical and historiographical issue we don't know about here :D
Lol, absolutely. I'm pretty sure I saw Reynolds and Windschuttle have a big debate on children in the circus. I wish I were doing that topic; its just so controversial:rolleyes:

Last edited:

bubblychic

hahahahaha, you people are soooo funny (not)
Hate to disapoint you but there actually is contraversy on the topic. its predominantly on how the children of the australian circus have been treated. yeah i admit its been heaps hard to find info but its been a great load of fun. and it fits in with the sylabus, and due to my topic im coming 3rd in my class so i dont care

shelley

trouble maker
HSC
cool no we were just makin sure..lol..ok so theers been differin interpretations over time? just be careful, to many ppl in my class found differing interprations that all came from teh same time frame..lol..which isnt what the assignments about...we are only trying to help, no need to get stroppy with us for voicin corcerns, no one wants to see u do all this work and then discover your topic isnt gonna work, i had a oet topic and i couldnt get enough variations of opions, ppl kept sayin tehre was another side and for the life of me i cvouldnt find it! so yea just be careful, and goodluck!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
relax. we were'nt making fun of u (not really anyway! :D)

controversy is one thing but historical interpretations are two VERY different things....ill ask my teacher abt it when we have our next lesson to see what she thinks....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)