'Hey Monday' (1 Viewer)

Mantello

Banned
HSC
So, I just listened to their album at work, I thought they were pretty good actually.

Not really into my pop rock but this actually made an impression.

Sort of an early years of Avril Lavigne style imo.

What do you guys think?

L-esky

HSC
I don't like how they sound on recordings to be honest. All their songs sound basically the same (admittedly I've only heard their ones up on MySpace) but live, I was actually really impressed. I didn't think I'd enjoy their set all that much, but they were really fun and energetic and know how to put on a decent show. And Cassadee is so cute and nice haha, I met her after the show and she's just so enthusiastic about everything and seems like she's having a great time with touring the world and everything else that comes with it.
I really think they could have a good future ahead of them, they've definitely got the potential there.

housah0lic

Dr Greenthumb
HSC
lol i remember seeing the film and thinking "is that boxy"

but yeh gay music

x.christina

I am actually a cat
HSC
Uni Grad
I heard their song 'Homecoming' on the weekend, I liked it.
But then again I'm kinda into shitty pop-rock music lol

HSC
seem like an epic paramore ripoff

also my friend said when they opened for fall out boy they were pretttty much the worst thing ever (a fairly big call from someone who paid money to see fall out boy play, but anyway)

parawhoree

HSC
seem like an epic paramore ripoff

also my friend said when they opened for fall out boy they were pretttty much the worst thing ever (a fairly big call from someone who paid money to see fall out boy play, but anyway)
oii hey monday are awesome...but paramore are WAY better :):) they were signed by pete wentz so their most likely gonna open for FOB duhh

L-esky

HSC
Everyone just compares them to Paramore because they have a girl singer and are signed to Fueled By Ramen/Decaydance.
Paramore are a better band at this point in time, there's no denying it, but as I said before, I think they've got a bright future ahead of them. They're 'in' with the right people, they perform well, they know how to entertain, they're genuine and nice people and they have more talent than their recordings would suggest.

GRX40
HSC
N/A
Well, I think that the fact that it's a teen band fronted by a girl pimped a number of instrument-playing boys is similarity enough to be reminiscent of Paramore! The style is in the same kind of pop-rock vein of genre, though. After hearing Homecoming, I can't say that Hey Monday plays what I'd personally call brilliant music, but I can imagine that they have the right kind of poppy and fashionable image that would successfully market to teenagers. I did enjoy most of the video clip, though. It's rare these days to see bands that just have themselves rocking out to the music. Cough, NOT Fall Out Boy's nonsensical and retarded trying-to-be-humorous attempts!

Bek93

HSC
Are they signed by Fuelled by Ramen?
I only like one song by them, and its 'Run, Dont Walk'.
Otherwise, not a fan.

And for the record; Paramore are so much better.

BOSSSSS

HSC
saw them at Fallout boy. they were ok. but their songs all sort of sounded similar.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)