Hey! (1 Viewer)

HSC
Been busy with prac for the past 3 weeks and now doing assessments. How are you first yr's going with thing, enjoying it all? When do you guys go on prac?

HSC
Oh wow thats late, makes me think theyve changed how clinical is now scheduled nowadays. How many weeks of prac do you do in first semester?

I was in a cardio ward :) very interesting stuff.

HSC
Yea my first prac was week 4 or 5 and then we had another one in may, so 2 pracs in semester 1. Theyve prob changed it so you guys dont go straight into prac without much background knowledge, which is a good thing, your still going out on prac in sem 1 so thats good :)

Ivich

HSC
hey, gorgie, i think you work as an AIN? if so, answer this question for me please.

we just got our Criminal Records Check. and at the back of the little card it says "An authority for clinical placement only. This card cannot be used for employment purposes". Well i was in the habit of thinking that when we got our CRC that we would have been able to use it when we wanted to apply as an AIN. So how am i going to be able to get a position as an AIN when i cant even use the CRC?

rivqah

HSC
hey, gorgie, i think you work as an AIN? if so, answer this question for me please.

we just got our Criminal Records Check. and at the back of the little card it says "An authority for clinical placement only. This card cannot be used for employment purposes". Well i was in the habit of thinking that when we got our CRC that we would have been able to use it when we wanted to apply as an AIN. So how am i going to be able to get a position as an AIN when i cant even use the CRC?

first of all, no hospital (maybe a nursing home) will hire you in your first year...you have to be at least in second. i got a job when i was a first year, but that was once i had only 1 week left in the year.

and second, all workplaces run their own criminal record check. if you apply for a job anywhere, whether it be for maccas or a huge firm, they have to, by law, run a criminal record check through the police department. they do this either when you apply or during the interview process. every single legit employer in the country must do this.

Last edited:
HSC
NSW Health runs a criminal record check once you apply for a job, hence when working through NSW health you don't have to keep reapplying to have CRC done. CRC's completed through uni are for uni placements only.

And yes working as an AIN in first year u will most likely only get work in nursing homes, unless some small hospital may hire 1st yr undergrads.

rivqah

HSC
it is exactly like your first clinical. just 2 weeks instead of one.
generally, you will do the same things...showers and whatnot, although you may get a good nurse who will do oral meds with you, and you might be able to set up an IV yourself (all with supervision) thats about it

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)