Hey (1 Viewer)

gadbil

DALAL*****DALAL
HSC
Hey guys do you reackon modern history is better than ancient history

Kabeio

k.
HSC
i prefer ancient history, but modern history can be interesting depending on what you do

Mrs.McDreamy

stalker inc. president
HSC
MODERN IS SOOOO MUCH BETTER!! I love modern, the types of things you do relate so much more to the real world, it's really interesting. Ancient on the other hand is just boring... no actually its not too bad. Still, modern is way better!

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
Mrs.McDreamy said:
MODERN IS SOOOO MUCH BETTER!! I love modern, the types of things you do relate so much more to the real world, it's really interesting. Ancient on the other hand is just boring... no actually its not too bad. Still, modern is way better!
yeah modern history is the best, but just requires a lot of reading.

khandigirl

psychotic wench
HSC
Actually, I found modern to be about the same amount of reading as ancient... but I suppose then again, it depends how willing you are to read additional texts to compliment your studies.

It really depends on what you prefer... I love both (although am not currently studying both), and although they are both history, they are COMPLETELY different....

modern looks at things such as:

- your core study which is WW1 (really fun, so many aspects of viewing this topic that it gets more in depth and kinda fun:D)
- a National study (we did 20th century germany - weimar republic, nasdap, Hitlers rise to power... etc)
- a personality (e.g albert speer)
- an international conflict (e.g, arab-isreali conflict, cold war, indo-china conflict...)

the ancient HSC course I am not too sure of, however if you float through the ancient thread I am sure you will get the gist of it.

Everyone on here has their own bias, as everyone prefers a specific history more than the other... so you will have to decide this for yourself... all you can really do is make an informed decision... which I am sure everyone on this board is happy to do.

X

xeuyrawp

gadbil said:
Hey guys do you reackon modern history is better than ancient history
Neither is 'better'.

Ask a more specific question.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)