• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Hi present Archi students at UTS (1 Viewer)

marwin@joeys

HSC
Hi guys

curently i'm at year 12, and planning to do architecture, but still not sure which uni, i went to all the open days, and i think UTS offer the most enjoyable course and sounds like they do lots of practical work compare to theory!and in fact the presenatation is quiate interesting compare to UNSW and SYD uni, would u guys give me suggestions?what about the lectures and facilities over there?
is architecture hard/fun/boring?

williamycai

Kai-Kai
HSC
well the time lag to respond to this question kinda gives u an answer. and yes architecture is hard....i dunno why that engineering said it was easy. i am so stressed out about this steel assignment.
yup it is true that there are heaps of practical to this course in architecture..as well as shit loads of theory. well atm i have to write 2000 words, and as u can see. dunno what to write.

if you can't manage ur time, dun expect to get any sleep over here. i try to manage my time and yet u'd have at least 7 all nighters in a sem. not fun, and whats worse is that its not just studying and googling and u'll find answers...if u can't THINK, then u are screwed. arr having troubles with design too. matter in fact i am just passing all my subjects, and so are most ppl.

once again, its all work work work till u drop. good for fat ppl tho, u'll definately loose weight over here. but the good thing about being here i guess is that there are no exams for first and second year. just assesmenting, hence we get more holidays then most oder subjects. like i only have 4 weeks this semester until a 4 month holiday. =)

bah but theres like 2 assessments due every week. if u like ur fun times, hint don't do architecture, unless u L O V E buildings. can't stress love enuff...i am not loving this, but not regretting it yet. tho i think soon i will be...

williamycai

Kai-Kai
HSC
Musk said:
lol...thanks for the try anyways....wasted a whole 10 seconds of my life =.=", well maybe 2.5 secs but thats beside the point.

heres the question i'm stressing out on "Describe and explain the various types of holes and slots made in the steel members" <--i.e beams/columns.

Your an engineering student help me out!! And it shld be 'easy' anyways...

EDIT: ok u didn't say 'easy'..but i wanted to bag you out anyways. muhahahaha, but i'll definatly vote I<3 #1, if u gimme a lead

Last edited:

williamycai

Kai-Kai
HSC
mmmm i'll definately vote u guys, and i'll get any1 who is stuck on that question to vote u too,which is like ALL my architecture frens. to be honest we dun give a f what u guys do at the src, we just randomly put in votes we see. BUT BUT that is SO true what they did at the apec day, so friken stupid....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)