Hiding your marks.... (1 Viewer)

brentonum

slightly_homebrand
HSC
You know how marks are released through the paper and on the board of studies website... is there a way so that they dont get released... so nobody knows but u through the mail...

please help... i hate it when people know my marks!!!

Edit: wow... so conflicting... i don't know who to believe... so i guess they dont really ask u and u just say no hey... oh well... anyone out there who didnt get it released??? just curious...

Last edited:

phrred

HSC
they dont show ur marks
only ur offer and any courses where get band 6

wdoueihi

2006 HSC Student.
HSC
why do u wana hide ur marks for dude. who gives a shit about who knows ur marks. if they dont like ur marks then they can go f themselves.dont be shy of ur marks man...

brentonum

slightly_homebrand
HSC
Thanks for the quick replies...

So only courses and band 6 hey?? Is there any way so that i only know those as well... i know its being a bit paranoid and i shouldnt give a shit but i hate when people compare me to others... REALLY annoying

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
only your teachers for the courses youa re doing knows your marks, but id really doubt they would care what you got,
they only release to the public students who got a band 6 in a subject, the all rounders list and university offers

nwatts

HSC
azn_gangsta81 said:
only your teachers for the courses youa re doing knows your marks, but id really doubt they would care what you got,
they only release to the public students who got a band 6 in a subject, the all rounders list and university offers
mine did, to a ridiculous level actually. my art teacher became the laughing stock of a stack of staff because of my art mark. and my history teacher's ego has been irrepairably inflated.

to the initial dude: UAIs are the only thing only you get.

sando

HSC IS EVIL
HSC
why would u want ur marks hidden if u went well ?

and to the previous poster.. y were u the laughin stock, wat did u get ??/

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
ko0l said:
What the fack?
Some more bullshit posting by these people?

You cannot request to not be displayed in the paper!
I got a band 6 in mathematics ages ago and they publish your name + school in tiny print font in the paper. all the names are arranged y order of last name.

be sure to get the sydney morning herlad on the weekend around december 20 this year.

if you get band 6 for at least 10 units your name will be published on the HONOURS ROLL in large print larger than 14 font times new roman.
99 + uai students get premiers award!

please no more bullshit if you dont know your stuff.
why can't you request not to be in the paper? surely its a privacy issue and up to the individual? the board cant just say 'tough, ur in there' if someone really objects. all you would have to do would be to call the paper or maybe the bos and say u dont want your name printed. you never know it could be a safety issue for someone out there.

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
A band 6 is something to be proud of.

And besides, they might not write your entire name.

mine ended up being my S. and [last name] - English Extension 2 - [stupid course code number offered]

And with the amount of people up there, no one is going to really care about how many band 6's you were awarded specifically.

lazera1

compfreak
HSC
Please dont be arrogant without wings.
That is the case
Please no more arguing.

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
i dont think its fake, to be honest. whats to stop you calling/writing ahead of time to say "IF i get a band six can you not disclose my name?" and not everybody would do that, i think its really only a select few who would want their identities hidden for whatever reason... like i said before, you never know, people might be in circumstances where publishing their name could perhaps get them into trouble (stalkers, etc)... im not saying thats common or anything but it could happen, and the media/bos has no right to publish personal information, even if it is only your name, without your permission or at least no objection from you.

tlodg

HSC
N/A
brentonum said:
Thanks for the quick replies...

So only courses and band 6 hey?? Is there any way so that i only know those as well... i know its being a bit paranoid and i shouldnt give a shit but i hate when people compare me to others... REALLY annoying
I understand how you feel.

lala2

Banned
HSC
Without Wings knows what she's talking about. And yes, Cosmic Doris has summed up what I was going to say perfectly well.

nwatts

HSC
legally, there are media standards that mean you could remove your name from such a list. news organisations wouldn't be stupid enough to refuse considering the potential ramifications. there may not be a system within the board of studies to remove people's names from the lists, but if you specifically contacted newspapers and told them to remove your name, they'd do it.

Asheroth

Paranoid Android
HSC
koOl: Your argument centres around the strange and incorrect idea that, in order to have your marks suppressed, one must ring up the paper in question and tell them not to publish your mark. Actually, you don't have to talk to the paper at all. The papers get a list of High Achievers from the Board of Studies, so all you have to do is inform the Board that you don't want your results published and they won't supply your results to the paper. Very simple.

Listen to Without Wings; she knows what she's talking about.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)