High UAI! (1 Viewer)

Qualona

HSC
I'm just wondering, if i want to get a UIA of 98, what kind of assesment marks would i have to get for each of my subjects. i do music 1, maths, maths ex 1, adv english, software design and ancient history.
could anyone answer from eperience?
if anyone could help that would be great!

HSC
Most likely nothing below 90, or at the very least nothing below high 80's (after scaling).

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
basically all band 6, with the exception of a high band 5 (ie 88+)

airie

airie <3 avatars :)
HSC
I would actually say that it depends on how well your school does and how hard your school marks you. So you don't necessarily have to have band 6 for all subjects.

webby234

HSC
N/A
Qualona said:
I'm just wondering, if i want to get a UIA of 98, what kind of assesment marks would i have to get for each of my subjects. i do music 1, maths, maths ex 1, adv english, software design and ancient history.
could anyone answer from eperience?
if anyone could help that would be great!
Just to give you an idea - I got 98.6 with

English: 87
Physics: 92
Maths X1: 94
Maths X2: 91
Cosmology: HD

They're some of the highest scaling subjects, so you'd probably need to get higher than those marks - you'd be looking at mid-high 90s for 2U Maths for example.

However, assessment marks (before moderation), are completely different from HSC marks - I got 66% in my Physics trial for example. A better indicator than marks is ranks - see if you can find out what marks you would have got with those ranks at your school last year.

Just a reminder - UAI of 98 means you have to do better than approximately 98% of the state (not exactly, but as an approximation). So if you're at an average school, you'd want to be in the top 1% or so, while at an average selective school perhaps top 10-20%.

M.S.

HSC
As long as you get Band 6 for 10 units you should have no trouble. Everyone in my school who got the Premier's Award for Academic Excellence received UAI's above 98 (most were 99+). From experience, english is probably the hardest to achieve band 6 because there are so many people doing it and it's hard to make your exam stand out, however if you try hard enough it is not a problem.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)