Higher or not? (1 Viewer)

ColdBuffet

HSC
Hi,

I was wondering, is it worth the trouble doing a higher subject rather than a normal one? Eg. MATH1131 vs MATH1141 or PHYS 1121 vs PHYS 1131

Thanks.

Edit: I have done decently in maths Ext 2 and physics in HSC.

Last edited:

sinophile

HSC
N/A
I havent started uni yet. But from what other guys on this forum say, if you did decent in MEX2 or did very well in MEX1, choose higher maths. They say Higher Maths covers the same stuff as lower maths, except with added detail, so do it if you find it fun. Sorry if that wasn't much help. I hope someone useful like Omie Jay or tommykins or whatnot might come to the rescue.

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
if you're really really smart and got awesomely high marks in physics and maths hsc (90's), then do the advanced math/phys subjects and you get scaled up.

ColdBuffet

HSC
I got 94 in Maths Ext 2 and 93 in Phys. So I guess higher would be the way to go?

And also, theres scaling in uni?

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
I got 94 in Maths Ext 2 and 93 in Phys. So I guess higher would be the way to go?

And also, theres scaling in uni?
It's just that they consider your mark being low and can scale you up cause you did higher math/physics.

I did 4unit and phys and got 87 for math1131, probably make the same mark if i did higher (lost so many marks in the computing component cause i ignored it)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)