Highest General Mark? (1 Viewer)

Trev

stix
HSC
I'm just curious as to what the highest mark that was given for general maths last year. ie. what mark did the person that came first in the state recieve? ( I would be more specific, ie. aligned mark, or scaled mark, but I am not sure which is which :p )

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
The top aligned mark (i.e. the mark reported by the Board) was 100. :)

The top scaled mark (i.e. the mark that contributes to your UAI) was 89.2.

cro_angel

<3<3<3
HSC
they dont actually say what the highest mark is anywhere.. so you have to go on if people know someone in the top 20 list and what they got. unfortunately my connections to such people are limited to earth and environmental science, mathematics, legal studies and a number of languages so i cant really help there :( hopefully someone has a connection.
i think aligning relates to your actual hsc mark, like where you lie in comparison to other, and scaling is more of a uai working out thing (dont quote me on that though)
[edit] hahaha i got pwned by laz
where do they release the highest mark?

Trev

stix
HSC
Haha, yes you did cro_angel, but you were helpful nonetheless!
I'm curious, (due to it's low scaling) what mark and rank you are referring to in relation to EES?

cro_angel

<3<3<3
HSC
my friend magda got 96 and she came 3rd in state and my other friend julia got 95 and she came 8th in state
at least i think thats what they got.. i know there was one mark between them anyway

Trev

stix
HSC
Darn, that is pretty good considering. Science isn't our schools forté (if it has one at all). So no-one recieved a band 6 in EES last year from what I remember.

**blu_rose**

HSC
cro_angel said:
my friend magda got 96 and she came 3rd in state and my other friend julia got 95 and she came 8th in state
at least i think thats what they got.. i know there was one mark between them anyway

so was that their uai or hsc. i still dont get the whole uai concept of how much u would scaled down and all that crap

and r u able to get 90's in the uai in general

Trev

stix
HSC
That was the mark they recieved in that subject.....
Of course you can get in the 90's for a UAI if you do general/standard subjects (I am assuming this is what you meant, please clarrify if not)...

**blu_rose**

HSC
yeah that's what i meant, cuz i keep hearing that for general maths u cant get higher than 80's in the uai. ie u cant get 90's

Mandy101

HSC
On the UAC website it states that a person who got 99.95 UAI did General Maths. So it is VERY possible!

Danoz The Great

HSC
Trev said:
I'm just curious as to what the highest mark that was given for general maths last year. ie. what mark did the person that came first in the state recieve? ( I would be more specific, ie. aligned mark, or scaled mark, but I am not sure which is which :eek:)
trevvvv! You and General maths... grr! lol!

Captain pi

HSC
**blu_rose** said:
yeah that's what i meant, cuz i keep hearing that for general maths u cant get higher than 80's in the uai. ie u cant get 90's
The highest scaled mark for General Mathematics, in 2004, was 89.2.

To achieve a UAI of 100.00, a scaled aggregate of 483 / 500 was required. Therefore, it is possible for General Mathematics to contribute towards one's UAI AND to receive a UAI of 100.00.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)