Highest marks in 2U and Ext 1? (1 Viewer)

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
Just extending that:

Those that require integration/differentiation can be done without it, but you will notice that its going to be extremley long for the marks thats an idea to use differentiation/integration.

Archman

HSC
N/A
Xayma said:
Those that require integration/differentiation can be done without it,
ah yes, that's what i did in the trials, too stupid to see the normal solution, lucky the marker didnt have too much trouble decoding it and all that. (and not letting calculus corrupt one of the last few slightly non-calculus based topics :) )

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
superbird said:
maybe students have achieved 100% as there aligned mark
I think the drill is that if the top of the state gets 100% then their aligned mark will be 100, otherwise the highest aligned mark is somewhere in the high 90s.

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
It could be possible to get an aligned mark of 100 without a raw of 100 but that would be a result of rounding if they would otherwise get 99.5+

grimreaper

HSC
I'm pretty sure keypad got 100 in 3u but he wasnt first in the state so he would have lost a mark or two for that I think

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
I'll explain this:

If the top of the state gets 100%, then they will get 100, and some other people (ie rest of the top 5 or whatever) will also get 100.

But the only way for there to be any marks of 100 is for someone to get 100% raw.

That's my understanding of it anyway, I'll put the magic word here so Laz can come and correct me: scaling .

~ ReNcH ~

!<-- ?(°«°)? -->!
HSC
Li0n said:
i think its MUCH easier to get 100% in ext-1 than in 2unit.
Hehe.
I'd have to disagree with that. My CSSA trials:
2U - 115/120
3U - 72/84, although the two substitute questions were much harder than the ones that were meant to be there - I'm looking to improve this mark by about 8-9 marks in the actual HSC exam.

~ ReNcH ~

!<-- ?(°«°)? -->!
HSC
withoutaface said:
That's what I find a lot of the time as well, but most of the time its a pretty safe bet that it will be either projectiles or SHM, so just look for harder questions and get used to the mindset you need, I've found that working through the projectile questions in the mechanics section of 4u cambridge has helped me with how I approach different varieties of these questions, but this may not be for everyone.
But wouldn't the "Mechanics" section involve things like air resistance and non-Ext 1 stuff? I haven't started Ext 2 yet, so I don't think I can use your method until next term when I start Ext 2.

* BTW. You accelerated maths didn't you? (I think I read it on another thread). Would you say that there's been a big difference in your understanding of Ext 1 questions, as well as your marks, between now and this time last year? I'm hoping that instead of a 72/84 in my trials this year, that next year (after doing a bit of Ext 2 and fine-tuning my methods) I'll be able to get 80+/84. I know for a fact that the things I found hard last year now seem quite simple, so I'm hoping the same will happen if I repeat.

Li0n

spiKu
HSC
~ ReNcH ~ said:
Hehe.
I'd have to disagree with that. My CSSA trials:
2U - 115/120
3U - 72/84, although the two substitute questions were much harder than the ones that were meant to be there - I'm looking to improve this mark by about 8-9 marks in the actual HSC exam.
thats just you ^_^, but i personally think 3u is much easier than 2u.

So much that i think if you do Extension-1 in year 12 that, your 3u mark counts as 2units where as your 2unit mark counts as 1 unit.
BECAUSE ITS UNFAIR!!! >.< people just do 3u just to help out their 2u

Tuna

HSC
N/A
withoutaface said:
2u trial: 105/120
3u trial: 82/84

I rest my case.
I thought you were going to do 4U, assumming you have accelerated last year?

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
I am doing 4u, I did accelerate. But those are my 2u and 3u trial marks regardless.

grimreaper

HSC
withoutaface said:
I am doing 4u, I did accelerate. But those are my 2u and 3u trial marks regardless.
Yes but youre obviously a lot better this year than last year - I think 2u would be very easy for a good 4u student to get close to 100% in

Tuna

HSC
N/A
I thought if you are only doing 4U you only have to sit for 3U and 4U, do you have to sit for 2U tooooooooo?

Last edited:

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
He accelerated 2U last year.

So he will only sit the Maths Ext exams this year, but he sat the mathematics one last year.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Tuna said:
I thought if you are only doing 4U you only have to sit for 3U and 4U, do you have to sit for 2U tooooooooo?
Nah, I sat my 2u paper last year.

Tuna

HSC
N/A
so...do you have to sit for maths 2U, 3U and 4U? or just 3U and 4U? How come people only receive two credits if they are doing 4U ,whilst 3 credits if they sit for english 4U

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Tuna said:
so...do you have to sit for maths 2U, 3U and 4U? or just 3U and 4U? How come people only receive two credits if they are doing 4U ,whilst 3 credits if they sit for english 4U
Because 4u maths is too massive a subject to be worth only 1 unit.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)