Highest Paying Casual Jobs (1 Viewer)

=candii=

HSC
anybody know any for school students or recent school leavers?

Skittled

What did the crab do?
HSC
Remember back in the good ol' days when I was leaving school fireworks assistants/people were the best paid at $25+ an hour or something..

..however after 2 or three years (as in, 2-3 years since you left school and got that job) they were off the "top 20" (or whatever the size was) list of wages/salaries for young people.

Do you have a particular field you're going for? Any particular skills that might dictate some direction? (Btw, Best source of money [as irregular as it can be] is to put your own skills to work for yourself...)

HSC
N/A
I get $30 an hour from teaching dance. :)

Other skill-related jobs like sports coaching, music tuition and academic tutoring also are very nice jobs to have :)

santaslayer

HSC
glitterfairy said:
I get $30 an hour from teaching dance. :)

Other skill-related jobs like sports coaching, music tuition and academic tutoring also are very nice jobs to have :)
yes, highest paid by the hour....but how many hrs would u get? :p

=candii=

HSC
sum dude was telling me that he got paid lyk $80 for ...doing something with fruits and vegetables (delivering most likely)... just bcoz it was an early morning job...and this was when we were in year 11...

he full boasted about it after asking me how much i get paid for working at maccaz :mad1: lol

Kulazzi

HSC
I work casually for sodexho for about $17/h on fridays, $21something on saturdays, $25/h on sundays and around $43/h on public holidays

pete_mate

HSC
Kulazzi said:
I work casually for sodexho for about $17/h on fridays, $21something on saturdays, $25/h on sundays and around $43/h on public holidays
sodex-what?

ohdato

HSC
Get a Forklift licence could be $20+ per hour if you go the right places (Fruit market).
Get a traffic ticket and you can be the STOP/GO man ar roadworks or special event car parks for like 20/30+ per hour depending what time you work...considering roadworks like to go at like late night to minimise
traffic disruption.

Displeasing jobs but when the mighty $$$ rules all....

Skeeta

HSC
santaslayer said:
yes, highest paid by the hour....but how many hrs would u get? :p
as many as you can get! my b/f runs his own coaching business and he earns about $45 an hour. If you're good at what you do, word-of-mouth really works. He started with about 5 kids now he trains 20+. The problem with this though, is that its not for everyone, i mean maybe he has gotten so far because he has performed highly in his sport. But yeah if you're super-talented at something and you have good people skills its a great job to have!

Skittled

What did the crab do?
HSC
Kulazzi said:
I work for HR at Sodexho (Telstra Stadium's HR dept, anyway)! -- where're you?

pete_mate said:
sodex-what?
Seems to do a variety of things, primarily hospitality-related. ie they run the kitchens at various industrial sites (ie mines, army bases, nursing homes, telstra stadium, Pheasants' nest Mobil stations).. That said, my manager has described the business as "doing whatever their clients decide want to be outsourced"... they're a "support service" company, based primarily in hospitality.

helmut

HSC
Jaydels said:
Do the AUSTSWIM course and become a swimming instructor...pays $17-$20 /h
working at a pool at the moment but the pay is really dodgey since some new system has come through. [even before IR crap]
i bascially have austswim... if they see that you have it, will pools just "take you in"? don't want to write up a resume.

GoodToGo

HSC
N/A
Employed by the uni to tutor uni subjects would be the best.

Somewhere in the region of $70-80 for the first hour per week, and 50+/hr thereafter.

AlleyCat

Singing me and Julio
HSC
helmut said:
working at a pool at the moment but the pay is really dodgey since some new system has come through. [even before IR crap]
i bascially have austswim... if they see that you have it, will pools just "take you in"? don't want to write up a resume.
pfft! just write the resume. even if you dont need it for the job you apply for right now you'll have something to build on for the future.

and best paying jobs...
i work at a restaurant for $18 ph plus tips but i get $100 every second saturday for cleaning my neighbours house.

Kulazzi

HSC
Skittled said:
I work for HR at Sodexho (Telstra Stadium's HR dept, anyway)! -- where're you?

Seems to do a variety of things, primarily hospitality-related. ie they run the kitchens at various industrial sites (ie mines, army bases, nursing homes, telstra stadium, Pheasants' nest Mobil stations).. That said, my manager has described the business as "doing whatever their clients decide want to be outsourced"... they're a "support service" company, based primarily in hospitality.
I work at the retail outlets, just started this year (My three other siblings also work at sodexho, two at retail and one in the delivery area [you know, where they deliver the products to the retails outlets] ). Usually I'm on cash. I've only been out back once, and I like working at cash better. Did you work on sunday?

And I think what pete_mate was trying to point out was sodexho ;) :p

Skittled

What did the crab do?
HSC
Kulazzi said:
I work at the retail outlets, just started this year (My three other siblings also work at sodexho, two at retail and one in the delivery area [you know, where they deliver the products to the retails outlets] ). Usually I'm on cash. I've only been out back once, and I like working at cash better. Did you work on sunday?

And I think what pete_mate was trying to point out was sodexho ;) :p
Ahh.. No, didn't work on Sunday; next shift is.. Sat 15th. You working then?

...ah. See, I'm obviously too old for that sorta stuff. Straight over my head.

:D

Bunny04

VIVE LA FRANCE
Well for starters, Australia, NSW, Sydney- and fin
HSC
Temp jobs.
Office.
Approx. 20-25 per hour depending on age.
Up until 21, keeps rising.

Also, teaching dance is good, like someone said before. Although, they're obviously getting a better deal than me! hehehe, I get paid $27 per class i teach. (45 min class)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)