Highest Paying Casual Jobs (1 Viewer)

kaylz

HSC
I get $26.33 per hour working in a call centre..

kaylz

HSC
Oh I do 40 a week when I'm back in Sydney during uni hols - I get about $775 after tax. Cool, huh? Hopefully going to start doing weekends and stuff.

Bricnic

Lookatmy Member
HSC
A local butcher pays $19.50 an hour for casuals, not sure if that's the industry "going rate" though. Check it out anyway, it's good fun- you get to hack meat with cleavers! :D

=candii=

HSC
kaylz said:
Oh I do 40 a week when I'm back in Sydney during uni hols - I get about $775 after tax. Cool, huh? Hopefully going to start doing weekends and stuff.
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
shyte. thats really good lol

Logain

aka Will, Skis, Willskis
HSC
Hey Kayleigh, gimme some hot tips and networking. I wanna work in a call centre in Bathurst. :D

shariken

HSC
ALDI pays about $19.87 an hour but you have to be available 5 out of a 7 day roster and you have to learn how to work in every department at the store.

turtleface

HSC
GoodToGo said:
Employed by the uni to tutor uni subjects would be the best.

Somewhere in the region of $70-80 for the first hour per week, and 50+/hr thereafter.
Yeah uni is fairly high, our uni is $97 for first hour, and $68 for additional hour.

alby

cool duckie
HSC
kaylz said:
I get $26.33 per hour working in a call centre..
you doing tech support sort of stuff or telemarketing?
they're both shit jobs imo

i used to do direct sales (on streets/in shopping centres)...ok commission rates, but definitely nowhere near being an easy jobs. in the month or so that i was there, our staff numbers went from 5 when i started, peaked at 6, then down to a grand total of 2 just after i left (had to go on prac for tafe). the guys are currently up in syd, trying to get some more people trained, then planning to come back down to the gong eventually

currently, i'm getting $150 for 16hrs a week of babysitting. with a 3mth old, there's not a lot of work...plus he's cute! :D

kaylz

HSC
insurance validations. it's actually not that bad. sorry will, it's in sydney.

Sandez

Hay Guys
HSC
How about jobs that are not based in a city?

I've done laboring that pays about $20 an hour.

kaylz

HSC
Maybe to you, but I'd sooner pluck pubes with a pair of electrified tweezers than babysit. Matter of preference, I guess.

AlleyCat

Singing me and Julio
HSC
Shop around, Jezz, there are plenty of call centres that pay at least $20.

I work as a first aid supervisor on a construction site on Saturdays and get paid $35/hr.

During the week I work at a busy Italian restaurant and get $20 plus tips, which works out to be about $26/hr.

kaylz

HSC
alby said:
yeah, but you still have to put up with shitty and.or stupid people on the other end
No, not really. All I have to do is talk to insurance agents, not irate customers. Even then, I'd still pick that over a whinging, diarrheic toddler.

kaylz

HSC
jezzmo said:
Kaylz, what experience did you need for that? My $13 p/hr call centre job just doesn't cut the mustard.
None. My mum's got the mad hookups. I'm directly employed, but mostly they go through an agency. I get an extra $6 on agency employees, but they still get a fairly good rate. Try agencies, I guess. That or go do a resume drop - ask any friends that work in call centres. Whereabouts do you live? There are hundreds in North Sydney.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)