Highest Paying Graduates (1 Viewer)

total_revolt

HSC
Which firms pay the highest amount for graduates? Does anyone know what The Age or the Reserve Bank pays?
I want to also know if there are firms that pay over $60k for graduates. Thanks all.

ND

HSC
In the US, big investment banks typically pay $85k-$95k USD (incl. bonuses) for 1st year analysts. This translates to $114k-$127k AUD, and it should be reasonably similar over here.

total_revolt

HSC
ND, do you know exactly which firms and their amounts? Any other places you know of?

ND

HSC
I don't know the exact figures for each bank, but that is the approximate figure for the big banks (i.e. Goldman Sachs, Morgan Stanley, Citigroup GCIB, CSFB, Merrill Lynch etc.).

CrashOveride

HSC
ND said:
In the US, big investment banks typically pay $85k-$95k USD (incl. bonuses) for 1st year analysts. This translates to $114k-$127k AUD, and it should be reasonably similar over here.
I don't think it's that high here. I would have thought it more at around 90K if you're good.

kelbel88

HSC
jp morgan and jp morgan chase are meant to be pretty good too so i've heard from employees

total_revolt

HSC
any more u know of? what about for the reserve bank or the age?

Last edited:

lusername

HSC
mining engineering ---> 100K plus but u live in sh itty outback queensland and are worked on long shifts for many days straight

treelovinhippie

<this space for rent>
HSC
Petroleum engineering is supposed to be good for the money too.

A couple from our year are aiming to do this, and one has a $7000 per year scholarship to study.

First year out I think it's over $50,000.

And the work schedule is something like 2 months on the oil rig and 2 months off while still getting paid (and you can work anywhere in the world.

click here

to see my profile
HSC
Macquarie Bank?? lol. Well all i know is that they make the most millionaires (in the company) in Australia but you have to work hard and long hours...haha.

paper cup

pamplemousse
HSC
this is with a degree in Commerce/Biz is it? with honours? or without. can you start working while you're doing your degree - and how much does it pay? I've heard a lot of people bragging about it on bos haha...any details/ thanks

pete_mate

HSC
Jennyness said:
Highest paying graduate is a plummer. Approx. $150k p.a. after completing apprenticeship.
when our toilet broke there was shit all over the lawn.

good ol' plumber cleaned it up

skeeo

HSC
N/A
when i graduated, i got a 49k offer to basically do my intern training before becoming a fully qualified radiographer, hated the job though

thejosiekiller

every me
HSC
skeeo said:
when i graduated, i got a 49k offer to basically do my intern training before becoming a fully qualified radiographer, hated the job though
where was this job and what was involved though?

did they just find you through uni or through other means...?

W

whsmith

Jennyness said:
Highest paying graduate is a plummer. Approx. $150k p.a. after completing apprenticeship.
I know you don't want to be quoted -

But there a hell of alot more truth to your statement than most Uni people want to admit.

Trades = Big Money.

[if your in the right ones... of course.]

Tuna

HSC
N/A
Earning 150k for a plumber means that you have to work harder than all uni graduates. However that figure is capped for plumbers unless they have entr. skills. Uni graduates have no limit on incoming.

W

whsmith

Actually... Just to be a little nit-piky :)

Plumbers USED to work really, really damn hard all the time. Back breaking work. Thats why they charge so much. The change though, is that because it was so hard - it caught to eye of innovators, and they build many the gadget + tool to rectify the problem.

Plumbers still work harder than the average desk jockey, but thats just the general nature of the job. The Job is ALOT easier now for them, but they sneeky [read: smart] bastards never put their prices down.

Can't blame 'em. They've got a sweet deal.

Though yes... There is a cap - simply due to work capacity [being paid by the hour/call] completable. But Half is cash-in-hand, and $150k is alot more than what most Business/Economics/Law/Desk guys are gonna earn [At least for first 5 -8 years]. Plus there is limited educational burdens [cash + time].

If the Plumber is a smart investor - S/he 'll be retired by 30.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)