Highest UAI at your school? (1 Viewer)

rantman

HSC
N/A
bonnyrigg high school
highest= 64.05%
ave.= not displayed cause under 30%

mr EaZy

punchbowl bro- its the best place to live !
HSC
Kulazzi said:
lala2: I thats malaysian (it sounds like it) the selamat hari raya. The one after fasting is Eid-ul-Fitr, the one we're having in a few days is Eid-ul-Adha (or the curry way is Bakr-eid)

Joujou 84 and soha and everyone on the forum (even though you're not muslim) Eid Mubarak :)
yeah it is malaysian: kinda means - have a safe happy day of joy
its usually followed up with "idil fitri" or "idil adha"

Last edited:

Bunny04

VIVE LA FRANCE
Well for starters, Australia, NSW, Sydney- and fin
HSC
bearpooh said:
But you produce people for the Conservatorium dont you ?

So the UAI probably doesnt matter as long as you can play well.

On the otherhand, I know someone who is at the Con.
But she went to PLC and got 100 for her UAI.
Topped the state in Music and Envirnomental Science.
She seems to spend a lot of time in England on various music scholarships.
out of our class *only 1 class for year 12* Im the only one going to the cON, and no aim doesnt Usually send people to the Con, Its one of the worst Music Schools to go to, the music is seriously crap there, the Music 1 class (12 people) Didnt get above 60 In Music 1 exam *(except for one)
and LoL ......... most want to go to Uni, but not music courses

VQ

HSC
My school's best was 98 - Out of country (we are in Jakarta, sort of international school, using NSW curriculum)...The girl getting 98, she is a genious and that is no doubt. Last year we did have 93, so that is a huge increase...Wish that we can do loads better....

target UAI=96++, 99++if possible

Currently taking: ESL, math 4 units, Bio, Chem, Phy, Indonesian as background speakers, which one should I drop? Any suggestions????

disco_dave

is the disco_king!
HSC
VQ said:
My school's best was 98 - Out of country (we are in Jakarta, sort of international school, using NSW curriculum)...The girl getting 98, she is a genious and that is no doubt. Last year we did have 93, so that is a huge increase...Wish that we can do loads better....

target UAI=96++, 99++if possible

Currently taking: ESL, math 4 units, Bio, Chem, Phy, Indonesian as background speakers, which one should I drop? Any suggestions????
oh didnt know we had other countries following the BOS method... interesting.

PS i think u should drop Bio if any VQ!!

paper cup

pamplemousse
HSC
disco_dave said:
oh didnt know we had other countries following the BOS method... interesting.

PS i think u should drop Bio if any VQ!!
there are, many
just read the list Laz compiled

VQ

HSC
YuPppPPppPP! There are a lot Australian curriculum school in Indonesia... :)

Any1 taking 14units? BetTEr drOp Bio/Math 4u?TArgeT UAI: 96++, 99++ if poSsibLe

stephen_brightm

100 at Radford College

Hey all - Radford is in the ACT so our scaling is based on the AST (A set of short response, short answer and essay tests) rather than the HSC - and here are the school's UAI results... We were top ranked school in ACT (along with CCEGGS). We had 152 students eligible for a UAI

btw, its a private non-selective school.

Radford goes from yrs 5-12, (7-12 when our grade started in 1999) so most of us have known each other since year 7

Top UAI: 100.00
Median UAI: 89.95

Above 99: 9% (13 people)
Above 95: 30% (46 people)
Above 90: 50% (76 people)

I got 99.2 and came 11th in the grade, so yeh, you get the idea of how well we did - i.e how much our AST results pushed our scores up.

jennylim

HSC
we got 2 99.95s and a 99.9. private, non-selective...10% got over 99 and 50% over 90!!! pretty good in my opinion. i'm class of '05 tho, but ive heard about our great results, lol.

jang

is not my real name
HSC
stephen_brightm said:
Hey all - Radford is in the ACT so our scaling is based on the AST (A set of short response, short answer and essay tests) rather than the HSC - and here are the school's UAI results... We were top ranked school in ACT (along with CCEGGS). We had 152 students eligible for a UAI

btw, its a private non-selective school.

Radford goes from yrs 5-12, (7-12 when our grade started in 1999) so most of us have known each other since year 7

Top UAI: 100.00
Median UAI: 89.95

Above 99: 9% (13 people)
Above 95: 30% (46 people)
Above 90: 50% (76 people)

I got 99.2 and came 11th in the grade, so yeh, you get the idea of how well we did - i.e how much our AST results pushed our scores up.
is it true that in ACT, ur year 11 assessment results contribute to ur uai?

andy100

HSC
ok that takes the count of 100s to 19 with 2 to come:

8 james ruse
3 grammar
3 moriah
1 cherrybrook
1 baulkham hills
1 abbotsleigh
1 trinity
1 radford college (ACT)

stephen_brightm

yes yr 11 results count

Yeh, in ACT we have assessment throughout the year so for example a chemistry course might be made up of following assessment

mid sem test 20%
prac report 10%
Assignment 15%
Assignment 25%
Exam 30%

also most of us do 5 'T' courses of which 3.6 of our best 3.2 semesters are counted - and you can do double majors in english, maths etc. Like I did a double major in English so the score I got from that counted as 2 of my 3.6 subjects.

Its a bit confusing sometimes, but we don't get all stressed out by the (non-existent) HSC and if you have a bad day on an exam or whatever then the rest of your life isn't stuffed over. Also, maths and english don't have to count so people who are really good at science/maths but a bit dodgy at English will still do well and vice-versa. The main setback of the system is that how your school performs in the AST (Scaling Test) will have a significant effect on UAIs, but with us that worked in our favour. - They do the scaling test because although assessment is moderated to make sure the assessment is fairer between schools, this only happens after marks are distributed so will affect the next year's senior classes. The scaling test makes sure that if, for example one school is marking essays way too easy and another way too hard, then the results of the scaling test should be spread in such a way that the "smarter" school gets better results and thus their raw marks will be scaled higher.

It is for this reason alone, that we called our Director of Studies a demigod.

Anyways. Uni starts in a month's time and then nobody cares about UAIs! So hope everyone got a good offer!

disco_dave

is the disco_king!
HSC
melsc said:
Govt - non selective all girls - 99.0...40 pplz got over ninety
isnt that an oxymoron im hearing?? 'All girls non-selective'?? so i wanna go there (im a boy, and i dont really wanna) "oh no you dont meet the selection criteria, your not a girl!"... hehe. selection

sprung. i think im soba

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)