Highly devoted tutor in economics and business studies [year11+12] (1 Viewer)

tinac25

HSC
BUSINESS AND ECONOMICS ! It's time to ACE it !

Locations - USYD, UNSW, STRATHFIELD, Ashfield, AUBURN, Parramatta - these are the main locations. BUT other locations near there can be subject to negotiations =)

About Me

Christina :: Graduated from Psychology (UNSW: 2012) & currently doing my Masters of Commerce (HR/FINANCE; 2014 graduate)! ; Most of my students benefit greatly from my knowledge and strength in essay writing, which is a core aspect in most HSC subjects [English -BAND6: 94];

Through time and experience i've also developed a deep and thorough understanding in the course of both Business Studies and Economics (BAND 6: ranked TOP 5 throughout year 11 and 12!). Ive taught many students (as my classes are student concentrated) & all have remained in the top 7 (only 1 was ranked 7th, others were 2nd - 4th) throughout their senior years for both subjects (updated data 2011).
SINCE 2008, I've taught a total of over 63 students.

Whether you're an advanced student who's looking to move ahead, or one who needs help to catch up with your school, i'd be more than happy to help =)
Assignments, essays, homework difficulties are all welcome !
I've also taught lots of ESL students, who have been ranked near LAST [ranked 60]- and still ended up getting AT LEAST BAND 5 in the trials/HSC, with a rank in the top 20. Of course, this was through an impressive amount of effort as well. Through assistance for assignments, most students get 90%+ ; with some getting 100% in assessment tasks as big as 30%.

SAMPLE NOTES :: For your benefit, I've attached a brief and short copy of the notes I usually use; The format is relatively similar across subjects and topics. The full version that I use in class has a lot more practice questions. As you'll be able to see, it caters highly to the NEW syllabus so with these notes, you can't go wrong! The topic attached = HR (Business Studies).

Experience

Worked with Infinity College, & have private-tutored since 2008 ! From January 2011, I've also been working at a psychology clinic/centre that focuses on providing treatments + teaches ALL high school subjects to children with mental/intellectual, and possibly physical disabilities (from ages 4 to adults)
All my notes are self-compiled, with information gathered from 4-5 textbooks !
Worksheets and exams are also self-made;

Statistics (private tutoring only)

Economics: 45
Business Studies: 48
English (years 7-12): 38

(Retention rate: ALL students have stayed with me AT LEAST 6 months, unless of course they come during the period between trials and HSC. Year 11s have always proceeded into YEAR12)

Positions

1. 1 on 1 lessons (though spaces are very limited) and classes of maximum 4.
- This would depend on the spaces available + your request; From the past though, i've come to put advanced students in classes (if they don't mind) because it enhances competition and there's an increase in the integration of ideas.

2. Extra consolidation/revision sessions are also available [ESPECIALLY for the upcoming HSC]

UNSW, USYD, Strathfield Library and Parramatta regions

This is subject to negotiation

Contact details

To express your interest, or queries/other information, email me:
z3293534@zmail.unsw.edu.au
I check my email every day, so you should receive a reply in no time!

ALSO: i'm also partnered up with someone else during this teaching period (Brief background: UAI = 99.20 & got above 90 for ALL his subjects) and he teaches: Biology, Chemistry, 2unit and 3unit Maths and IPT. His teaching locations are exactly the same as mine, and currently, his schedule for the holidays are already quite full. Email me if you want classes & i'll forward you over.

:wavey:

Testimonials

Chris ended up tutoring me for three years - from 10-12; did Biz and Eco for the last two years & just Eng for yr10.
Originally my english wasn't that good & ye ... she gav me heaps of essays -glareeeeeeeeeeeee- & all these other worksheets which she created herself :read: - & gues what :) BAND 6 MF. :hammer:
anyways, think most of her notes are created by herself but ye, didn't even look @ the textbook much for yr 11+12 for biz & eco
simply just looked and studied her notes + did her tests and all
managed to stay top 5 for both throughout the 2 years & wooooooooooooooping band 6 for biz 93 & and eco 92

It's fun too , not like the boring tutoring classes you normally get
so recommended :)

DC
i take business & economics with christina but i'm grouped with this other student
all yr round 11 and 12 ive been ranked top 10
even though class isnt full serious and all, like there's talking and its relaxing lots of work gets done
and she gives alot of homework =p but ye if you dont get anything she's one who doesnt mind explain it again x100
but yeah if you're determined to do well she's an excellent tutor
I've seen her teach quite a few times - and i have cooperated with her also, and she really is HIGHLY DEDICATED.
I recall that there were a group of ESL students who were coming last, with no knowledge of business studies even though they were weeks away from the trials!! & she dedicated ~ 10 hours of tutoring per WEEK for a couple of weeks teaching + replying to emails constantly, and they managed to jump up to top 15-20? after trials. Was amazing :) so DON'T MISS OUT ON THE OPPORTUNITY :smile:
oh & she does Psychology :p so she's learnt how the brain works + what's the most efficient way to memorise/learn things ;)
She is very friendly and spends a lot of effort into helping her students. She uses her own time to make notes and work for her students. Her notes a very good, I often refer to them as well. She is a very busy psychology student with many students already, so If you dont try to get a class with her now, I'm afraid you will miss the chance.

Attachments

Last edited:

icyjai

HSC
Its time to ace the trials ! :hammer:

Last edited:

DANIEL9999

HSC
Ranked 2nd for biz & 3rd for Eco :hammer:

btw 2 of my cousins want tutoring for Business Studies, exccept they're onli in yr 10 right now. They don't mind starting earlier though

Let me kno if u've got any spaces left
I'll email u details

DC

DANIEL9999

HSC
Thanks heaps.

ps. It's fun seeing al these ppl stress HAHAHA. I remember when i was suffering those times.
For all you peeps out there, she really can push you guys up the ranks. All i can say is, goodluck =p

graceh7

HSC
N/A
Hello Im from parramatta and i urgently need eco and maths tutoring!!!! I've never been tutored before so yeah please contact me on 0422 921 791 :)

tinac25

HSC
Spaces are getting filled up ! So email before it's too late :)

CB0257

HSC
ive got her teaching me now ~~ & she's the best tutor i've had since going through another 4 biz/eco tutors; & to post a comment mmm .... she's helped me with my case study =D and i got 100% for the report [for eco] - doing china. we have been going through all the theory, and after explaining everything [and writing lots of notes, like LOTS], i understood everything ! it's really all about understanding, no pt memorising if you dont even know how to use the information. for MC it's easy to do fast ; SA is also not tooo bad because the questions are similar, and if you know your stuff - you'll know what to put in to get the marks.
she's also helped me write up a few long responses to practice [ in case those q comes up in the trials/hsc] ; ive emailed her lots too with responses :))) & she's replied to all v. fast ~ so she is extremely helpful ~~
her schedules quite strict [ie being on time and all that], so can't be late !! hehe
but really, with her as tutor, its impossible to not do well =) unless you are lazy . . . and dont do any work ~

Last edited:

tinac25

HSC
Hey,

Unfortunately I won't have the time to travel all the way to Bundanoon to help you, but if you wanted, we can negotiate whether you'd want online lessons ? This also depends on the subject of course. Business is mostly theory, so it won't be hard to help you understand the concepts - and i can provide you with notes for memorising. With questions, you can do some yourself, and for those you have trouble with, I can then go through them with you. This is similar for Economics.
English would be a bit more difficult; unless you require assistance in understanding some concepts, and need me to mark your essays - then that would be all right;

Let me know if you're still interested =) If you are, just email: z3293534@zmail.unsw.edu.au

There's always skype too :)

Christina

tinac25

HSC
Almost all of my 21 students are doing lessons in groups now to learn off each other & gain more knowledge - so there's room to accept more students :) Will be taking in the next 5 students - ranging from English, Business Studies to Economics
Contact me =) !

CB0257

HSC
TRIALS ON MONDAY ~~ For those doing BIZ & ECO がんばって!!!

tinac25

HSC
LESSONS FOR NEW STUDENTS WILL BEGIN 28TH OCTOBER since i'll only be teaching current YEAR 12 students sitting the HSC in 2011 =)
Hope to hear from you soon ! Don't hesitate to email and secure a spot ;)

sghguos

HSC
N/A
can you do 2 hours of tutoring 1 hour for business studies 1 hour for economics at parramatta library for 80 dollars all up?

pm me if you can.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)