hiii! help !Robert Frost’s poem, The Road Not taken (1 Viewer)

icyeyes

hi! i need a related text for an assessment and i am wondering about Robert Frost’s poem, The Road Not taken, tho i'm not sure. can someone tell me the basic plot of The Road Not taken and how it deals with imaginative journeys?
thank you so much!

dimsims

HSC
Summary

The speaker stands in the woods, considering a fork in the road. Both ways are equally worn and equally overlaid with un-trodden leaves. The speaker chooses one, telling himself that he will take the other another day. Yet he knows it is unlikely that he will have the opportunity to do so. And he admits that someday in the future he will recreate the scene with a slight twist: He will claim that he took the less-traveled road.

Form

"The Road Not Taken" consists of four stanzas of five lines. The rhyme scheme is ABAAB; the rhymes are strict and masculine, with the notable exception of the last line (we do not usually stress the -ence of difference). There are four stressed syllables per line, varying on an iambic tetrameter base.
This poem does not advise. It does not say, "When you come to a fork in the road, study the footprints and take the road less traveled by" (or even, as Yogi Berra enigmatically quipped, "When you come to a fork in the road, take it"). Frost's focus is more complicated. First, there is no less-traveled road in this poem; it isn't even an option. Next, the poem seems more concerned with the question of how the concrete present (yellow woods, grassy roads covered in fallen leaves) will look from a future vantage point.

These are notes i downloaded of the internet, but i seem to think that this was classified as an inner journey. hmmmm

If you need more notes and stuff i have lots.

hope this helped

carlz_07

HSC
dimsims said:
Summary

The speaker stands in the woods, considering a fork in the road. Both ways are equally worn and equally overlaid with un-trodden leaves. The speaker chooses one, telling himself that he will take the other another day. Yet he knows it is unlikely that he will have the opportunity to do so. And he admits that someday in the future he will recreate the scene with a slight twist: He will claim that he took the less-traveled road.

Form

"The Road Not Taken" consists of four stanzas of five lines. The rhyme scheme is ABAAB; the rhymes are strict and masculine, with the notable exception of the last line (we do not usually stress the -ence of difference). There are four stressed syllables per line, varying on an iambic tetrameter base.
This poem does not advise. It does not say, "When you come to a fork in the road, study the footprints and take the road less traveled by" (or even, as Yogi Berra enigmatically quipped, "When you come to a fork in the road, take it"). Frost's focus is more complicated. First, there is no less-traveled road in this poem; it isn't even an option. Next, the poem seems more concerned with the question of how the concrete present (yellow woods, grassy roads covered in fallen leaves) will look from a future vantage point.

These are notes i downloaded of the internet, but i seem to think that this was classified as an inner journey. hmmmm

If you need more notes and stuff i have lots.

hope this helped
Hey, I wouldn't mind a copy of those notes coz I have an assessment with the road not taken in it and I don't have much info! my email is carli.duncan@gmail.com

Thanks!!!

Carlz

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)