Hip hop-Rap-R&B Fans: The Game VS 50 Cent (1 Viewer)

HSC
yehh.. i agree.. giv up on 50.. he thinks hes mad now.. but i think we all agree hes not.. if u disagree wit me.. u need 2 listen 2 other rappers.. cuz theres heaps of rappers betta than 50..

breaking

paint huffing moron
HSC
Shkev said:
Yeh bruz heard theres some beef happening with 50 Cent and The Game.
http://www.hiphopdx.com/index/features/id.388 tah check it out bro. Dunno if they set it all out already
Heard the songs from The Game like dissing 50 cent-G unit hardcore man:
Mr potato head
i'm a mothafucking soldier
PLay the game
300 bars

who u reckon will win in a Freestyle battle 50 cent VS The Game lol

for me THE GAME

to check out whats happening still on the feud man lol
http://www.bbc.co.uk/1xtra/hiphop/50_gamelowdown.shtml

peace share the luv man

yeh bruz! 50 cent dissing g-unit hardcore man!

aek

Banned
HSC
Well 50 and THE GAME both have terrible lyrics which have no relevance at-all. However, most rappers have no brains. The only rapper i put on a pedestal is Tupac Shakur.

redruM

Breathe and Stop
HSC
aek said:
Well 50 and THE GAME both have terrible lyrics which have no relevance at-all. However, most rappers have no brains. The only rapper i put on a pedestal is Tupac Shakur.
You would put him on a pedestal on what basis?

Charisma, commercial appeal? If so, then you'll be right. But in terms of rapping ability there are so many who are greater MC's; lyrically, flow-wise, etc.

Tupac was better than most, but I cannot see what makes people say he was the best.

I mean there are axioms in hip-hop:

flow - jay-z, biggie
lyrics - nas, talib
meaning/deep - common, de la, mos def
club bangers - dirty south
reefer/chill out tunes - bob marley, cypress

I just cannot see what is special about Tupac? Like, there isn't anything striking about him.

hu5t1a

HSC
the game, listen to his mixtape albums, especially you know what it is

M.I.A-187

HSC
The first tracks they did was quite good against each other however from the way it drags on, the beef is lame so i don't care. IMO it is as retarded as Nelly V.S Chingy.

Also Cube and Common stop beefing already.

redruM

Breathe and Stop
HSC
That was Common's first diss track (and as far as I know his only one).

It was good. He didn't change his style, which is why he is a fucking legend.

illmatic

NaS
HSC
talib kweli sucks. granted he's got some good lines "money doesnt grow on trees, for the paper people change colours like leaves" (or something like that) but sometimes his concepts are just fucking wack. im sick of hearing his preaching and his pseudo intellectualism. "All The Lonely" people has him blabbering about him being in a club, but all these people are actually "lonely" inside with nothing in their lives. What kind of pretentious shit is that (the line i mentioned is from this song, it's a good line if you take it out of the other ridiculous drabble thats goin on in the song).

other than that his flow is just fucking horrible. Good To You has him flowing great, but 99% of the shit he raps on since his stint as a solo act is the equivalent of someone fucking my ears. does he not realise that he is fitting way too many words into a line, making his delivery completely off beat and thus sounding really stupid? A perfect example is Old School with MF Doom. He hardly ever flows on beat and it's just irritating to listen to.

Plus the fact that everyone decided to hop on the guy's dick because he was some sort of "deep" and "conceptual" artist. Like, WTF? Seriously, get a grip, the guy realises he's perceived that way and so he rides that shit to death with titles like "Broken Glass" and the stupid concept behind "Lonely People". It's just gay. I mean, Nas' "the buck that bought the bottle coulda struck the lotto" - that line alone shits on most of that preachy shit that Kweli raps about.

Just my 2 cents

hiphophooray123

Twisted firestarter
HSC
i agree that someone can argue that he is overrated based on what you just argued, BUT saying he sucks is a bit extreme. 'ms hill' is a great track from him...and his flow on the roots' 'rolling with heat' is niiiiice. I'm just saying maybe you are thinking he is overrated at the moment, but its not warranted to say 'he sucks' c'mon man you can't honestly think he is wack.

redruM

Breathe and Stop
HSC
Wasn't Jay-Z quoted as saying that if he wishes he was a lyricist like Talib.

"I spit a line about you, and your crew goes true that"

Talib lacks flow no doubt, but he has great lyrics, more often than not.

aek

Banned
HSC
redruM said:
You would put him on a pedestal on what basis?

Charisma, commercial appeal? If so, then you'll be right. But in terms of rapping ability there are so many who are greater MC's; lyrically, flow-wise, etc.

Tupac was better than most, but I cannot see what makes people say he was the best.

I mean there are axioms in hip-hop:

flow - jay-z, biggie
lyrics - nas, talib
meaning/deep - common, de la, mos def
club bangers - dirty south
reefer/chill out tunes - bob marley, cypress

I just cannot see what is special about Tupac? Like, there isn't anything striking about him.
Firstly, his songs have so much meaning and are much more relevant than "window shopper", "in da club". You single out various artists into flow, lyrics, meaning, club bangers, chill outs; it's fair to say tupac had all those qualities. There is no denying that he is the greatest. If you didn't like him, you had to respect him.

redruM

Breathe and Stop
HSC
aek said:
Firstly, his songs have so much meaning and are much more relevant than "window shopper", "in da club". You single out various artists into flow, lyrics, meaning, club bangers, chill outs; it's fair to say tupac had all those qualities. There is no denying that he is the greatest. If you didn't like him, you had to respect him.
Jack of all trades, master of none?

When you say Tupac is the undisputed heavy weight champion of the world, you forget the fact that there is Nas. :D

oh and:
"You mean Talib
Lyrics stick to your ribs [I mean]
Thats the favourite cd that I play at my crib [I mean]"

(would have made a better impact in my previous post:eek:)

Pilgrim

HSC
illmatic said:
talib kweli sucks. granted he's got some good lines "money doesnt grow on trees, for the paper people change colours like leaves" (or something like that) but sometimes his concepts are just fucking wack. im sick of hearing his preaching and his pseudo intellectualism. "All The Lonely" people has him blabbering about him being in a club, but all these people are actually "lonely" inside with nothing in their lives. What kind of pretentious shit is that (the line i mentioned is from this song, it's a good line if you take it out of the other ridiculous drabble thats goin on in the song).

other than that his flow is just fucking horrible. Good To You has him flowing great, but 99% of the shit he raps on since his stint as a solo act is the equivalent of someone fucking my ears. does he not realise that he is fitting way too many words into a line, making his delivery completely off beat and thus sounding really stupid? A perfect example is Old School with MF Doom. He hardly ever flows on beat and it's just irritating to listen to.

Plus the fact that everyone decided to hop on the guy's dick because he was some sort of "deep" and "conceptual" artist. Like, WTF? Seriously, get a grip, the guy realises he's perceived that way and so he rides that shit to death with titles like "Broken Glass" and the stupid concept behind "Lonely People". It's just gay. I mean, Nas' "the buck that bought the bottle coulda struck the lotto" - that line alone shits on most of that preachy shit that Kweli raps about.

Just my 2 cents
You speak about having no flow and your name is Illmatic? HAHA.

Talib is a hip hop king and deserves the respect he's earned.

illmatic

NaS
HSC
Pilgrim said:
You speak about having no flow and your name is Illmatic? HAHA.

Talib is a hip hop king and deserves the respect he's earned.

hes not a hip hop king. i respect him, but i think he's majorly inconsistent. he has some great tracks, but he needs to keep his flow on point consistently.

speaking of inconsistent artists, Nas is probably the biggest one out there. how do you go from the gutter, grimey street records from Illmatic, depicting QB life and his experiences to some sort of Mafioso type of rapper seen in It Was Written. Ermm, people were searchin for thugs (popularity of Tupac etc), and Nas tried to cash in on it, creating some sort of fake Mafioso thug image (The Firm, anyone?) which didnt suit his Illmatic character at all.

aek

Banned
HSC
redruM said:
Jack of all trades, master of none?

When you say Tupac is the undisputed heavy weight champion of the world, you forget the fact that there is Nas. :D
Nas has trouble speaking.

fukskool

HSC
oi,,, 2 pac is da king of Rap no one will eva be as gud as him

RIP TUPAC

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)