• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Hiroshima calls for nuke-free world (1 Viewer)

NCB619

I Am The Chorus
HSC
Don't you think it's a bit...late..for Hiroshima to call for the end of nuclear bombs?

HSC
No. Because nuclear bombs still exist, thus so does the potential for nations to bomb the shit out of each other with these bombs, and Hiroshima is the only place which has actually experienced this in wartime, aside from Nagasaki.

spyro14

HSC
In fact, the Cuban Missile Crisis demonstrated that diplomacy *can* work, and the consequences of the Iraq/Afghanistan conflicts present yet another example for why bombing is *never* the best choice, Hiroshima or otherwise.
This is probably going to sound much worse then I want it to, but the Cuban missile crisis ended with a full trade embargo with U.S.A didn't it? and Nuking those two Japanese cities resulted in decisive victory.

Random_dude

HSC
This is probably going to sound much worse then I want it to, but the Cuban missile crisis ended with a full trade embargo with U.S.A didn't it? and Nuking those two Japanese cities resulted in decisive victory.
sadly, slow, methodical processes are very much beaten by hard, radical, chaotic processes that are much more horrible. humans rrespond so much quicker to violence than to diplomacy and that is exactly our problem right now. that the military exploits and is exactly the reaon why they will never give up nuclear warfare. but the real question in nuclear warfare is, "how hardcore are you?". "how far are you willing to go to win?". the fact is, we are in a nuclear stalemate with every other country as they do not have the level of 'hasrdcoreness' to push the button.

Last edited:

Josh22

HSC
they deserved it, they just can't stand the heat.

geez such wusses now they complain just cause they didn't get to it first...

and BTW i agree we should get rid of all nuclear weapons, except of course for america's cause thats a given they should have them

murphyad

HSC
they deserved it, they just can't stand the heat.

geez such wusses now they complain just cause they didn't get to it first...

and BTW i agree we should get rid of all nuclear weapons, except of course for america's cause thats a given they should have them
Silence, troll! Begone!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)