historical perspective (1 Viewer)

lil_lainy

HSC
hey i have a real problem with question such as -

1. analyse the impact of historical design developments in your selected focuas area on CONTEMPORARY TEXTILES.

my focus area is swimwear...and i no like a timeline of developemnts and stuff, i just ahve no idea how to relate it to contemporary textiles and rite enuf for a 10 mrk question

can anyone help me?

HSC
N/A
ooh! I'm doing swimwear too!

Well, something I learnt the other day is that as swimwear gets skimpier, so does regular clothing. Swimwear, when you think about it, is at least as revealling as lingerie, except for some reason it's considered less so...

As people became more confident to show their flesh on the beach, it was reflected in their clothing. For example in the 30s, thin straps and low backs became the rage. In the 50s, the midriff began to be bared, and so on, and so on.

mizz_smee

has a fetish 4 handcuffs
HSC
you don't have to be really specific in that question do u?
like swimwear coz it just says focus area
so i would say like dyes, mordants or the zipper
and the effects that had on apparel design
or you could even say the development of synthec fibres
am i interprating the question right?
or do we have to be more specific?

libgem

you could also say how the historical styles have influenced contemporary trends in swim wear. I'm not doing it so don't know much about it, but now for eg. 70s style printed bikinis are influencing trends now?

i'm doing jeans

mizz_smee

has a fetish 4 handcuffs
HSC
i'm never gunna hail lycra!
shows to many lumps and bumps
no matter what i am hailing it for!

HSC
N/A
hahahaha!

Well, if not for lycra, we might be wearing boned swimwear (PAINFUL!!!), or even zips... I mean like, the whole fun of swimwear is that it's stretchy and you can just pull it on and off... plus, you can fit some entire bikini sets in one hand... :S We paid $50 for THAT?!?!? lol.

lil_lainy

HSC
mm k so ill get my main like points of dif styles throughout like the last century, then say like sumthign that rflects that today

ta

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)