Historiographical Issues-- what the hell? (1 Viewer)

Ellie_Belly

HSC
I'm trying to write up a non-assessable history extension report. This is what our notification says:

Hand in an account/discussion of the historiographical issues or issues that your project will cover.

I'm doing the issues: Who are the historians? and What are the historical debates?

Now, what exactly do I write about for 'Who are the historians'? Do I talk about the historian and their context- i.e when they lived, where they lived, their nationality, what kind of history they wrote, etc. and analyse how these things affected the history they wrote? Or what then?

I'm very confused. Any help would really be good.

Ludlum

HSC
you pretty much nailed the who are the historians bit, be sure to include whether they were upper class or not as well as their motives for composing the history/source. the historical debates is pretty self explanatory, just discuss any controversy or issues surrounding the sources topic or sources youve chosen.

hope this helps

Mongke

HSC
Ludlum said:
you pretty much nailed the who are the historians bit, be sure to include whether they were upper class or not as well as their motives for composing the history/source. the historical debates is pretty self explanatory, just discuss any controversy or issues surrounding the sources topic or sources youve chosen.

hope this helps
wish i knew that at the start of the year :)

nwatts

HSC
Mongke said:
wish i knew that at the start of the year :)
What else was there to know?

Ellie_Belly said:
I'm doing the issues: Who are the historians? and What are the historical debates?

Now, what exactly do I write about for 'Who are the historians'? Do I talk about the historian and their context- i.e when they lived, where they lived, their nationality, what kind of history they wrote, etc. and analyse how these things affected the history they wrote? Or what then?

I'm very confused. Any help would really be good.
Basically, yes. "Who are the historians?" covers the entire religious, political, sociological, philosophical background of the historian in question. This particular question is driven by content rather than technique or methodology, which is covered in another one of the five questions in the course. It's very self explanatory.

Mongke

HSC
where the hell do you ppl get this information? i only figured out that thats what they wanted in year 12 2nd term! my teacher, as is Ellie Bellie's, is beyond this world....

nwatts

HSC
Mongke said:
where the hell do you ppl get this information? i only figured out that thats what they wanted in year 12 2nd term! my teacher, as is Ellie Bellie's, is beyond this world....
Try reading the syllabus. Or look to get your teacher fired. Or better yet, think for yourself?

Mongke

HSC
nwatts said:
Try reading the syllabus. Or look to get your teacher fired. Or better yet, think for yourself?
haha! that last bit was part of the problem. but dont you think its a bit to late to fire the teacher now ;)

nwatts

HSC
Mongke said:
haha! that last bit was part of the problem. but dont you think its a bit to late to fire the teacher now ;)
Oh I think any time's a good time to get a teacher fired. :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)