Historiography (1 Viewer)

tku336

HSC
None. Quotes from historians are stupid.

Rockyroad

Banned
HSC
I used two in my whole exam.
both for indochina
both by the same historian woo
:(

ozziguy

HSC
quotes from historians maybe like 5 in the whole exam, most of them in the personality. Quotes from key figures (lenin, trotsky, kennedy, eisenhower etc etc) like 10

roar84eighty

HSC
N/A
hmm i used about 12 per essay
historians quotes make the markers happy in their pants and their nipples erect

Svensson

HSC
hmm i used about 12 per essay
historians quotes make the markers happy in their pants and their nipples erect
Markers actually prefer a reference to the ideas and arguments put forward by an historian rather than providing direct quotes that have been memorised. It was mentioned in the markers comments that it displays greater comprehension of historiography and better construction of argument to paraphrase or summarise the views of historians.

Gj on 12quotes per essay though, I could never do that lol!

absorber

HSC
I used maybe 5-6 each essay (not first section though, none there). 12 is a little excessive imo, they still want your argument. I admit I could've had more myself. I DID prepare 58 quotes :D

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
I used maybe 5-6 each essay (not first section though, none there). 12 is a little excessive imo, they still want your argument. I admit I could've had more myself. I DID prepare 58 quotes :D
oO

I never really put in quotes at all before the HSC in my essays, aside from quotes from actual historical figures. So i guess 5 isn't too bad but it still pales in comparison to you guys XD

illa mc

HSC
o yer btw for peace/conflict i use 20
if they are atleast 10 words a quote that is around 200 words of your essay as quotes.. assuming it is 800-1000 words with around 300 of them being used in an introduction and conclusion, you would have the most convoluted, incoherent development of argument possible. how can you possibly develop a logical argument with analysis and evaluation if you have 20 quotes?

absorber

HSC
oO

I never really put in quotes at all before the HSC in my essays, aside from quotes from actual historical figures. So i guess 5 isn't too bad but it still pales in comparison to you guys XD
Heh, I went modern crazy, it's my best subject and it's gotta pull me up...Gonna fuck up legal and eco in the next two days :(. My modern teacher basically told me to spam historiog as much as I could, so I did :hat:

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
Heh, I went modern crazy, it's my best subject and it's gotta pull me up...Gonna fuck up legal and eco in the next two days :(. My modern teacher basically told me to spam historiog as much as I could, so I did :hat:
Ah i see. Don't worry, i'm going to epically failure physics which is in 9.5 hours and not get a wink of sleep because i'm procrastinating instead of studying ><"

LOL anna you don't need any historians you're the ultimate modern history historian :p
Ahahaha. My teacher did i say i come up with "well structured" and "interesting" arguments XD

JB10

HSC
I used about 4 quotes for each question on Leni Riefenstahl.
Maybe 5 quotes for Indochina.
4 quotes for Germany.

17 throughout the whole paper.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)