History Ext. (1 Viewer)

Over97

Banned
I do Anc and Mod, and im really considering doing History Ext.

can someone tell me plz, wut it takes to go well in history ext?

what skills are involved and so forth

i do maths extension and im not 2 sure if history extenion is a good idea

thanks pplz

MicK_eT

Terry mate!
maths aint gonna help u in extension...
extension is basically a study of history throughout time and shit... historiography or some shit... anywayz u dun realli need any knowledge from ancient or modern but if u did english extension then i suppose u would have knowledge of all the isms... also it depends on what case study ur class ends up doing... elizabeth... urgh....
do it if u fell comfortable in history and u like it....
and feel the wrath of early mornings!... or u might be lucky and do it in the afternoon....

Sanity

HSC
his ext is more about the interpretations of history over time and the values placed on history from the historian. it is not so much history but the people who interpret it. it is quite interesting we even had an historian give a presentation about a book he had written dealing with the wars and the information about whether australia had nuclear weapons program etc...it is basically what u make of it.

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
you study historians and historiography rather than time periods themselves.

you kind of need to form opinions yourself and contrast your views with other schools of historians

its really good but much more challenging than the normal history subjects

frenchy

I do as well Modern and Ancient, and Ext, and basically the key to ext is to know your Historians for the case study, and just in general from the big booklet, know them well, be able to quote them etc and you'll do fine, but trying to remember historians sometime isn't as easy it sounds when it comes to the case study bit.

malayz_angel

I do Ancient, Modern and Ext too....my opinion is that it is easier than Modern and harder than Ancient. You should do Ext if you genuinely enjoy history (don't think about the scaling) and are prepared to start your project early! Take it from me who has personal experience, don't wait till the last minute!

Generator

HSC
N/A
It wasn't bad. The hardest part was getting up for an 8am start two days a week...

One thing, though, is that quoting counts for little if you don't have an argument. A quote is meant to support the argument. They are meant to allow you to actually put forward a valid point rather than an assertion, but many people seem to base their argument entirely on quotes... Eh, everyone has their own way of tackling a question, I guess.

I'm guessing that this is a pointless post, especially when you consider the fact that this is the extension thread...

narrator

HSC
N/A
i do ancient and ext and i think the ext course really helps with the skills you can use in other history subjects. i think it gives you an advantage.

like Generator said, the argument is important, you are encouraged to develop your own personal work, it reminded me a lot of the ext2 english course

shelley

trouble maker
HSC
i do ancient and i find extension really good. Though i do do an ancient case study...theres a project involved so if your not into doing your own research avoid this course, but it gives you the opportunity to persue your intrests outside of the hsc course, plus its really quite absorbing!

wyte_tygrr

I do Ancient, Extension Maths and Extension History. Its obvious that Maths and History don't really do much for each other, so i think you should consider what your workload would be like if you did take it up. Clearly you do like history enough to consider it, but maths especially if you're considering ext 2 is very demanding, not to mention alongside the work you have to do for your other subjects.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)