History Extension 2008 (1 Viewer)

eb590

HSC
Hey everyone,

Just wanted to see what everyone thought would be asked in the exam on the 3rd particularly for the case study. It's not for a while but I thought it would be good to get some ideas going. Also anyone using Queen Elizabeth I? Is everyone studying all the debates for their case study just in case? Sorry about all the questions, I'm the only one in my school that does the subject so any feedback is appreciated!

Emily

justanotherposter

Epic Member
HSC
I'm doing Napoleon and yeah, i'm looking at all the different interpretations of him
try and bump this thread closer to the exam though - won't get too much attention at the moment because there are just so many exams between now and then..

Kujah

HSC
N/A
Queen Lizzy here. Could be different approaches to the case study, or could be a replica of '05, where they asked for methodology (I think).

coolasiangal

HSC
We are doing . . some archaeological site . .

XD

i have no historians . . only archaeologists and stones and some buildings.

sigh,

justbecause

icanhascheezburger
HSC
The question for the case study is usually a general question, so that it applies to all case studies. Most of the past papers have asked about different interpretations of history, historical debates and how they have changed over time or their approach.
It's best to use a range of historians/sources from different times and to look how the interpretation of the historical/case study has changed.

I'm doing Appeasement. Probably not studying all the debates, but a few of them in depth. Most of mine interrelate with one another anyway.

L-esky

HSC
I'm doing Queen Elizabeth and totally dreading the exam.
Apart from the fact that I'm the only person in the class, so it'll be awkward sitting in a big room with people just watching me and no-one else for two hours, my teacher was pretty crap. I basically taught myself the course, which makes me feel like I stand no chance.

Hagaren

The Fresh Prince
HSC
They'll ask a question thats what.

In relation to some extract.

& you'll answer it.

or you'll faill.

fallenstar

liberate, educate.
HSC
JFK (Public & Private; Man & Myth)
I have zero idea what they'll ask. So just preparing everything. Woo.

eb590

HSC
L-esky said:
I'm doing Queen Elizabeth and totally dreading the exam.
Apart from the fact that I'm the only person in the class, so it'll be awkward sitting in a big room with people just watching me and no-one else for two hours.
dont worry, i do Queen Elizabeth too, and am also in a class by myself lol. except my teacher is really good. if you need any help let me know. yeah im also dreading sitting in a massive hall by myself with scary examiners walking around. its gonna be so fun....

Rhanoct

zzzzz
HSC
our trial q was to discuss how each historian presents a particular 'story' of jfk's presidency, examining how questions of motive and methodology are at the heart of the study of history

i expect something similar

god, i only remembered a few days ago that i do history extension, lol. sooo underprepared :'(

reynoldson

HSC
Appeasement, although why we have to do an external examination is beyond me..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)