History Extension All Nigher Thread (1 Viewer)

o_creagh

HSC
being on this thread has been my only method of studying for ext so far... safe to say im screwed hahahah

honeycomb

HSC
Not only that, that was probably the most difficult question they've ever asked, according to my teacher lol who is a HSC marker :D
Oh really? My teacher is a hsc marker too but never mentioned it being one of the most difficult questions... I can imagine it would be though. Hopefully tomorrow's question is doable and gives some kind of direction

honeycomb

HSC
being on this thread has been my only method of studying for ext so far... safe to say im screwed hahahah
Haha same, tried to do some study before but was like 'fuck this'.... motivation has decreased rapidly

Kowther

HSC
Oh hello there again!

What case studies are you guys studying? I'm doing JFK

Amaranth_

HSC
N/A
You should check out the Economics all nighter thread, they've got a packed house there! haha

Oh really? My teacher is a hsc marker too but never mentioned it being one of the most difficult questions... I can imagine it would be though. Hopefully tomorrow's question is doable and gives some kind of direction
It was a difficult question, I just hope they don't throw us one of those tomorrow

Kowther

HSC
Same! JFK come at me !

jks please don't, not ready yet
I haven't even studied my historians yet! If I run out of time, I'll have to rely on my notes from trials which are so little themselves because... I ran out of time surprise surprise hahahaha

Amaranth_

HSC
N/A
aha so true, its hard to maintain focus when you know you've got a misadventure anyway so eh
Awww you should be fine!
Just a quick cram and make sure to get some sleep

I haven't even studied my historians yet! If I run out of time, I'll have to rely on my notes from trials which are so little themselves because... I ran out of time surprise surprise hahahaha

I'm going in with 5 historians for section 1, three I know about in depth, the other two I'll bs and relate to the question somehow lol

Still need to cover JFK sigh

Kowther

HSC
Awww you should be fine!
Just a quick cram and make sure to get some sleep

I'm going in with 5 historians for section 1, three I know about in depth, the other two I'll bs and relate to the question somehow lol

Still need to cover JFK sigh
woah 5! you only need to know 2-3. I'm thinking of doing Herodotus/Thucydides, Von Ranke and maybe Bede or Gibbon but we'll see.

Amaranth_

HSC
N/A
which historians are you focusing on?
Herodotus (this guy is a must in case they ask about Academic or popular history, and or construction of history)
Bede (suitable for a variety of questions)
Gibbon (also suitable for a variety of quuestions)
Anne Summers ( a more modernish historian)

And for schools of thought:
Annals
Post modernism

hbu?

Kowther

HSC
Herodotus (this guy is a must in case they ask about Academic or popular history, and or construction of history)

Annals
Post modernism

hbu?
Ah my friend's doing Anne Summers too. Also our teacher never said anything about schools of thought.

Amaranth_

HSC
N/A
woah 5! you only need to know 2-3. I'm thinking of doing Herodotus/Thucydides, Von Ranke and maybe Bede or Gibbon but we'll see.
I always focus on 3 in depth, and bring in another 2 just in case i run out of idea with the first 3, and mention a few schools of thought if fit

o_creagh

HSC

Annals
Post modernism

hbu?
I've used pretty much the same historians all year

Herodotus/Thucydides
Von Ranke
JB Bury
Inga Clendinnen
Post Modernism vs. Richard Evans

Senor901

HSC
For section 2, are you all preparing for 2 historical debates or just 1?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)