History Extension exam thoughts (1 Viewer)

SamDavisEnjoyer420

HSC
bro ik i have yawned at least once in every single history extension class lol

ive learnt quite a bit about my stupid case study these past few days but yeah im going to be real idk the difference between the "origins of the crusades" and "motivation, aims, and actions of the crusaders"

god forbid they ask for all 3 debates because i dont even know what happens past 1095 how can i talk about the historiography of the crusade's impact

jesusandpals

HSC
bro ik i have yawned at least once in every single history extension class lol

ive learnt quite a bit about my stupid case study these past few days but yeah im going to be real idk the difference between the "origins of the crusades" and "motivation, aims, and actions of the crusaders"

god forbid they ask for all 3 debates because i dont even know what happens past 1095 how can i talk about the historiography of the crusade's impact
i've honestly given up on this subject i have sor the day after so im just gonna wake up early tomorrow and try to study for the case study and call it a day tbh! :hammer::hammer::hammer:

band6yesplease

HSC
does anyone know how many quotes we need per essay from like historians???
they literally say "use one other source" so 1 will technically answer the question (as well as the stimulus)
I have about 20 per essay i think but that doesn't mean i use them all that's just all the ones i can use - cause u also want to incorporate stuff from the stimulus (assuming they give us a written one)

band6yesplease

HSC
Omfg im shitting bricks how the fuck do i do this exam (excuse my langauge). This is the only subject where i have not done a past paper and i only have 10 units, omg my atar is gonna flop.
No. You're fine you have got this. Past papers aren't necessary for this because the questions are very very similar each year. You know the content, you know your historians, you are fine. You are INCREDIBLE at history extension. Maybe not a state rank but you will walk out of that exam smiling cause you know it just LIFTED UP ur ATAR.
Ur amazing you've got this

The Wragg

HSC
i cant wait to walk out of that exam at 4pm and never think about the crusades ever again genuinely such an ASS case study bro at least we will be free from this pain after the hsc
Ah yes a fellow student burdened the Crusader topic

Legit cant wait till its over such an ass topic, our teacher even regrets doing it lmao

SamDavisEnjoyer420

HSC
Ah yes a fellow student burdened the Crusader topic

Legit cant wait till its over such an ass topic, our teacher even regrets doing it lmao
what the hell does origins of the crusaders even mean and i dont even know anything about the impact of the crusades because the historians are so different in that debate

also check the wikipedia page for the movie kingdom of heaven and scroll down to the historical inaccuracies section lol there are so many good quotes from riley-smith and thomas madden if you want to talk about popular interpretations and forms of communication (both untested dot points)

Last edited:

Unovan

ATAR loading...
HSC
THE CRUSADES ARE SO BAD literally my old ass teacher has taught the crusades for every single year he has taught extension there was no escaping this

what the hell does origins of the crusaders even mean and i dont even know anything about the impact of the crusades because the historians are so different in that debate

also check the wikipedia page for the movie kingdom of heaven and scroll down to the historical inaccuracies section lol there are so many good quotes from riley-smith and thomas madden if you want to talk about popular interpretations and forms of communication (both untested dot points)
dont talk any shit about kingdom of heaven or in particular king baldwin iv

It was actually historically perfectly accurate and everything happened exactly as portrayed in the movie, espeically the fat ass siege

band6yesplease

HSC

It was actually historically perfectly accurate and everything happened exactly as portrayed in the movie, espeically the fat ass siege
The lying to yourself started when you changed your profile picture... I thought you would've stopped by now

The Wragg

HSC
THE CRUSADES ARE SO BAD literally my old ass teacher has taught the crusades for every single year he has taught extension there was no escaping this

ikr

for origins i tend to just look at the differing perspectives/interpretations and usually relate such to context/differing forms of history, or whatever the question is asking.

For historians i tend to use William of Tyre, Anna Konmena, or Stephen Runcimen, although they may some you have that im not aware of

also cheers for the source, i will look into that

god bless all Crusader students, were gonna fucking need it for tommorow

SamDavisEnjoyer420

HSC

going to be honest i did not know this movie existed until today... cant wait to talk about it in my hsc and never consider it again (apologies)
ikr

for origins i tend to just look at the differing perspectives/interpretations and usually relate such to context/differing forms of history, or whatever the question is asking.

For historians i tend to use William of Tyre, Anna Konmena, or Stephen Runcimen, although they may some you have that im not aware of

also cheers for the source, i will look into that

god bless all Crusader students, were gonna fucking need it for tommorow
i see, so i'll use origins as my context paragraph and then i'll move onto motivations to start talking about the religious vs material motives debate

i'm familiar with anna konmena and runciman (love his quote “There was never a greater crime against humanity than the Fourth Crusade” like idk bro hitler kinda did stuff a few years back u sure there's nothing in the ballpark at least) so i'll definitely use them in my origins paragraph. thank you so much bro and good luck tomorrow adapting this piece of crap case study to the question

The Wragg

HSC
going to be honest i did not know this movie existed until today... cant wait to talk about it in my hsc and never consider it again (apologies)

i see, so i'll use origins as my context paragraph and then i'll move onto motivations to start talking about the religious vs material motives debate

i'm familiar with anna konmena and runciman (love his quote “There was never a greater crime against humanity than the Fourth Crusade” like idk bro hitler kinda did stuff a few years back u sure there's nothing in the ballpark at least) so i'll definitely use them in my origins paragraph. thank you so much bro and good luck tomorrow adapting this piece of crap case study to the question
All goods mate

Yea that seems pretty good for the origins paragraph and Runciman is hell of a exaggerator
Funny since me and my mate were just shitting on the guy for the same quote but makes hell a use in the essay
anyways goodluck

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)